Upscale Russians - Page 7
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Upscale Russians

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Re: Upscale Russians

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1991 View Post
    I was not referring to price. Rather design of several models.
    Seeing them back to back with other models in their line i really can't understand what was idea behind few designs.
    Yeah I'm with you there. The pre-french Era when I bought my watches were all very Russian looking and feeling. Now I hardly see any true Russia in those designs.
    Rocket1991 likes this.

Re: "Upscale" Russians

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup time View Post
    Beautiful piece and looks great on your wrist! What are your thoughts on movement, buying process, and overal review of the watch?
    Sorry for the late reply, Iíve been AWOL for the past week! And thanks for the compliment.

In answer to someone elseís question, the movement doesnít hack. However that doesnít concern me and I have no complaints about the movement. I donít have a time grapher to test it, but anecdotally it has been fairly accurate, gaining around 5 or 6 seconds a day on average. The time setting is very positive, with no hand movement when resetting the crown. Winding, both by crown and rotor, is very smooth.

The buying process was excellent, but thatís largely due to buying it directly from the factory when I visited Saint Petersburg. I got a one on one tour of the factory first, although it was fairly quiet as I went during a holiday period. There were only one or two people working in each department on the day, but I still got to see a lot.

At the end of the tour I was taken back to the museum/shop. My guide was keen to let me try on all the watches they had. When I decided on the Petrodvorets Classic I was able to choose one with the ĎСделано в Россииí written horizontally across the dial, which I prefer over the version where it replaces part of the minute track. I like not losing the ability to read the specific minute for eight minutes an hour! I was then able to fully inspect the watch to make sure there were no visible defects and the movement felt smooth, and they offered to resize the bracelet for me.

Then after paying (so not some strong arm tactic to convince me to part with my money!) she started throwing in a load of extras. I got a couple of modern catalogues, a vintage catalogue and some stickers. Then she threw in a t-shirt too, unfortunately they didnít have my size though, so itís way too big. Still, the service was absolutely outstanding.

The brushing is very clean, with nice polished details on the edges. I would say finishing is about on par with my Christopher Ward and Sinn. My only real complaint is I would have preferred if the mid case were a little thicker, and the caseback correspondingly thinner. As it is they are about the same thickness, which gives the impression from certain angles that the watch is sitting above the wrist.

Overall I love this watch, although part of that is its association with my trip to Saint Petersburg. It was also somewhat cheaper buying in Russia than ordering online.
    24h and Rocket1991 like this.

Re: "Upscale" Russians

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Hedgehog View Post
    Sorry for the late reply, Iíve been AWOL for the past week! And thanks for the compliment.

In answer to someone elseís question, the movement doesnít hack. However that doesnít concern me and I have no complaints about the movement. I donít have a time grapher to test it, but anecdotally it has been fairly accurate, gaining around 5 or 6 seconds a day on average. The time setting is very positive, with no hand movement when resetting the crown. Winding, both by crown and rotor, is very smooth.

The buying process was excellent, but thatís largely due to buying it directly from the factory when I visited Saint Petersburg. I got a one on one tour of the factory first, although it was fairly quiet as I went during a holiday period. There were only one or two people working in each department on the day, but I still got to see a lot.

At the end of the tour I was taken back to the museum/shop. My guide was keen to let me try on all the watches they had. When I decided on the Petrodvorets Classic I was able to choose one with the ĎСделано в Россииí written horizontally across the dial, which I prefer over the version where it replaces part of the minute track. I like not losing the ability to read the specific minute for eight minutes an hour! I was then able to fully inspect the watch to make sure there were no visible defects and the movement felt smooth, and they offered to resize the bracelet for me.

Then after paying (so not some strong arm tactic to convince me to part with my money!) she started throwing in a load of extras. I got a couple of modern catalogues, a vintage catalogue and some stickers. Then she threw in a t-shirt too, unfortunately they didnít have my size though, so itís way too big. Still, the service was absolutely outstanding.

The brushing is very clean, with nice polished details on the edges. I would say finishing is about on par with my Christopher Ward and Sinn. My only real complaint is I would have preferred if the mid case were a little thicker, and the caseback correspondingly thinner. As it is they are about the same thickness, which gives the impression from certain angles that the watch is sitting above the wrist.

Overall I love this watch, although part of that is its association with my trip to Saint Petersburg. It was also somewhat cheaper buying in Russia than ordering online.
    I'm glad you had a good time! The gift shop was under construction when I went. When I told them I wanted a watch they took me to the QA room instead to select . Interesting they didn't add a hacking lever, it's not a big deal but a number they didn't improve that aspect. I hope to go back someday but their current models don't do much for me.
    Dave_Hedgehog and 24h like this.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread Information