Vostok НВЧ-30 (NVCh-30) History & Research Guide
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Vostok НВЧ-30 (NVCh-30) History & Research Guide

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Vostok НВЧ-30 (NVCh-30) History & Research Guide

Hello All,

For all of you interested in the Vostok NVCh-30 military issue divers watch, there is now a new collectors guide available. This is a live document so will continue to be updated.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

This document is also available to view on fellow forum member Dashiell Stanford's web site.

https://mroatman.wixsite.com/watches-of-the-ussr/info

Thanks to Dashiell for his assistance, I hope the guide continues to be of assistance to all fellow collectors.

Cheers...

Thanks for sending. Looking to get one but the prices are steep...

Re: Vostok НВЧ-30 (NVCh-30) History & Research Guide

Thanks very much Matt for the link of this much interesting article extremely well documented .

This part caught my attention «. The last batch of the НВЧ-30 (Models 119-630) used modified civilian cases in which the 18mm lug width had been machined out to 22mm to meet the military contract requirements. Many NOS examples can been seen with traces of this extra machining. Others show off-centred lug cutouts.

Does that implies that it is possible to find authentic NVCH with 119 cases that have the little flatter part in the middle of the arch on the back of the case ? I happen to have such a case displaying concentric traces on machining on the 22mm lugs space .

Name:  62E9E589-F96A-4955-A625-91799389CC40.jpeg
Views: 62
Size:  1.06 MB
    Name:  078C6EA9-C6DE-4F6F-9984-73B57C4697B4.jpeg
Views: 61
Size:  809.6 KB

Of course I found both types, flatten or perfectly smooth, of «.arches.» on some of my civilian 18mm lugs Amphibians as documented in Phil’s work

Name:  2CB50578-202E-4EB8-AC57-3E99E9671B9F.jpeg
Size:  1.42 MB
    (Top one has the flatten part , two lower watches have smooth arch / all 18mm civi cases )

Name:  64FA1146-BE4C-4C9F-9D6C-E961D4B5ADB0.jpeg
Views: 65
Size:  299.7 KB
    https://www.netgrafik.ch/russian-dive-watches.htm

Until now, based on the above, I had deemed the case on my NVCh as non original, so thanks vm Matt for taking to time to shed any light on the matter
    Last edited by RedFroggy; 2 Weeks Ago at 23:18.
    JonS1967 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Great information! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by RedFroggy View Post
    Thanks very much Matt for the link of this much interesting article extremely well documented .

This part caught my attention «. The last batch of the НВЧ-30 (Models 119-630) used modified civilian cases in which the 18mm lug width had been machined out to 22mm to meet the military contract requirements. Many NOS examples can been seen with traces of this extra machining. Others show off-centred lug cutouts.

Does that implies that it is possible to find authentic NVCH with 119 cases that have the little flatter part in the middle of the arch on the back of the case ? I happen to have such a case displaying concentric traces on machining on the 22mm lugs space that until now I deemed as non original so thanks for shedding any light on the matter .
    This is certainly a possibility, although authenticity is always judged on the complete watch. If in doubt post up some pictures.

Cheers...

Quote Originally Posted by Luis965 View Post
    Great information! Thanks!
    Many thanks Luis, please pass the information along to your other forum comrades.

Cheers...

Quote Originally Posted by RedFroggy View Post

Does that implies that it is possible to find authentic NVCH with 119 cases that have the little flatter part in the middle of the arch on the back of the case ? I happen to have such a case displaying concentric traces on machining on the 22mm lugs space .

Name:  62E9E589-F96A-4955-A625-91799389CC40.jpeg
Size:  1.06 MB
    Name:  078C6EA9-C6DE-4F6F-9984-73B57C4697B4.jpeg
Views: 61
Size:  809.6 KB

Of course I found both types, flatten or perfectly smooth, of «.arches.» on some of my civilian 18mm lugs Amphibians as documented in Phil’s work

Name:  2CB50578-202E-4EB8-AC57-3E99E9671B9F.jpeg
Size:  1.42 MB
    (Top one has the flatten part , two lower watches have smooth arch / all 18mm civi cases )

Name:  64FA1146-BE4C-4C9F-9D6C-E961D4B5ADB0.jpeg
Views: 65
Size:  299.7 KB
    https://www.netgrafik.ch/russian-dive-watches.htm

Until now, based on the above, I had deemed the case on my NVCh as non original, so thanks vm Matt for taking to time to shed any light on the matter [IMG class=inlineimg]https://forums.watchuseek.com/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif[/IMG]
    Phil's work is to be commended, but it is an observation and not a rule. There are many exceptions.18mm cases that have exactly the same characteristics as the 22mm 300m cases.

Your 22mm lug case looks perfectly acceptable.

Cheers...

Quote Originally Posted by MattBrace View Post
    Many thanks Luis, please pass the information along to your other forum comrades.

Cheers...
    My pleasure.

Awesome!! Thanks for sharing this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent write up, Nice to have almost all available information in one handy place. Any chance we could see some more info on the supposedly genuine straps found for the wire lug 300m? You know what's odd, so far i have been unable to find a picture or mention of the tonneau model in the diving books. Both the zlatoust and swing lugs 300m can be found but no tonneau.

I could have helped out on the 3rd generation chapter, after all i did quite extensive research on the subject
    Last edited by dutchassasin; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:05.
    bultacolobito likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information