Like Tree116Likes

Thread: Vostok Amphibia Rave Review

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Re: Vostok Amphibia Rave Review

Incoming :)

Name:  Vostok Amphibian.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  219.0 KB
    Slm643, Seikogi, serge70 and 2 others like this.

My S.E landed today.....I must say that everything Seikogi wrote in his very nice review is spot on,it's just a stunning watch,really a superb piece of work.
    Thanks again for the original review,I'm so pleased I bought it before they sold out..!!
    356Cruzer and Seikogi like this.

Congrats on the new acquisition!

I've been wanting to get a Vostok for a while and when I saw this SE on their site, and this review thread shortly thereafter with the great close up pics, I knew I had to have one. I placed an order a couple of days ago and might have gotten the last one! Thanks to Seikogi and others for shining a light on this SE!

Now the wait begins...I might shop around for a nice shark mesh while I wait.
    Seikogi and serge70 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

thanks for the kind words!

a late coffee shot :)
    please note the domed milk foam on the left one ... paying tribute to the domed crystal :D

Name:  222.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  1.12 MB
    serge70 and Vost like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 356Cruzer View Post
    Congrats on the new acquisition!

I've been wanting to get a Vostok for a while and when I saw this SE on their site, and this review thread shortly thereafter with the great close up pics, I knew I had to have one. I placed an order a couple of days ago and might have gotten the last one! Thanks to Seikogi and others for shining a light on this SE!

Now the wait begins...I might shop around for a nice shark mesh while I wait.
    Shark mesh works very well.

I have an all brushed president style bracelet in mind :D

Quote Originally Posted by Seikogi View Post
    thanks for the kind words!

a late coffee shot :)
    please note the domed milk foam on the left one ... paying tribute to the domed crystal :D

Name:  222.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  1.12 MB
    Love it!!

I hope my SE arrives in 2 to 3 weeks, the wait is torture.

Any recommendations for Shark Mesh? A quick market scan threw up $20 shark mesh options on eBay to $180 versions on Strapcode...there must be a value for money middle ground from a trusted seller/maker. I'd love a chunky brushed Shark Mesh (not Milanese, the links are too fine) and am open to ideas :)

The stock vintage style rubber is really nice,I'd do the research into a decent mesh bracelet but hold fire til you've got it on your wrist...I think you will be very pleasantly surprised by the Vostok strap.It works perfectly with this model.
    I'm a total NATO strap nut & virtually all my watches are on them but not this time !!
    356Cruzer and Seikogi like this.

Quote Originally Posted by serge70 View Post
    The stock vintage style rubber is really nice,I'd do the research into a decent mesh bracelet but hold fire til you've got it on your wrist...I think you will be very pleasantly surprised by the Vostok strap.It works perfectly with this model.
    I'm a total NATO strap nut & virtually all my watches are on them but not this time !!
    And I am a total Perlon strap nut but this rubber is amazing! Ironically my most expensive rubber strap, a Hirsch Pure wears the worst due to very little flexibility...

I'd put the wearing comfort on par with my Bonetto Cinturini 295. I also have an identical looking rubber strap from Watchgecko that isn't as comfortable, pretty decent though.

Interestingly enough I don't notice it picking up dust as much as I expected after reading comments about it. What it does though (after lots of wear) is develop a slight "white" patina I suppose from abrasion. This actually looks nice and goes away after simply touching it.

Since the buckle is pretty generic I managed to win an ebay auction on a IWC buckle (for a decent price) that is more rectangular and partly brushed... Will post pics when it arrives :D

Alternatively one can easily brush the buckle with sandpaper to achieve a brushed look.
    356Cruzer, Vost and serge70 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 356Cruzer View Post
    Love it!!

I hope my SE arrives in 2 to 3 weeks, the wait is torture.

Any recommendations for Shark Mesh? A quick market scan threw up $20 shark mesh options on eBay to $180 versions on Strapcode...there must be a value for money middle ground from a trusted seller/maker. I'd love a chunky brushed Shark Mesh (not Milanese, the links are too fine) and am open to ideas :)
    Oh the wait.. but honestly its not that bad. Imo the worst is when you want something vintage that rarely comes up at a decent price or auction at the bay and have to check for new offers all the time only to be disappointed by little choice. This was/is the case I have with the Poljot 3017 chrono. Took me also more than 8 months to finally find the vintage Seiko I wanted in decent condition.

Ironically, I never had a shark mesh but enjoy looking at them here :D Good luck finding one! ... personally I'd feel comfortable to spend max. 50$ on one.
    356Cruzer likes this.

Testing coffee resistance! Achieved :D

Name:  f.JPG
Views: 131
Size:  4.01 MB
    Vost and serge70 like this.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information