Vostok Classica - Page 8
Like Tree237Likes

Thread: Vostok Classica

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Re: Vostok Classica

So I'm a total dork, so I ordered BOTH the blue and the black (grey). For those of you that may have similar indecision, I've posted a few pictures of each to my instagram (@relosiggy). I've also posted a few pictures of both the blue and grey next to each other here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj3wCr9n...n-by=relosiggy

I don't know how to link those pictures back to this forum!

My observations: These are darn cool watches! To me, they run a "small" 39mm and disguise well as dress watches similar to current minimalist trents without being gawdy at all. I've suited them up, but also strapped on a nato. They both are showing +4s to +17s on Frederique Constant's Analytics, which is absolutely adequate for me (beat error 0.1ms across the board; amplitude 300-328 dial up, 250 crown down). That accuracy is just fine with me! The watches come on an alligator-like leather strap which seems fine to me (others disagree). The clasp is very "toolish" and brushed, which doesn't quite match the dressy nature of the Classica. Both watches are uniquely numbered, as previous posters have noted. A nice touch from Vostok was that they got it through US customs with no charge to me (well played), though it did take 20 days to arrive.

Color-to-color: The Blue comes on a VERY dark blue leather strap. The dark blue leather is dark enough to not be annoyingly blue, though one of my coworkers did notice it was blue when I showed him this watch (he's a fellow WIS). The dial is very dark but still blue, and only shows a hint of sunburst in most light. It sometimes looks indigo, sometimes black. To contrast, the "black" dial is really a dark grey sunburst. The sunburst on this one really shines well. The black (grey!!!) comes on a black leather strap.

Hope this helps for those considering!

Wow. I'm glad I came across this. I've been looking for an affordable dress watch (besides a Bambino) and I absolutely found it in the Classica. Now the hard part... deciding on which color.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    24h and n1k0 like this.

Name:  Vostok Classica Grey.jpg
Views: 528
Size:  116.2 KB
    Name:  3. Vostok Classica 690B21.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  98.4 KB
    arktika1148, n1k0, rothko and 3 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

These are what the Timex Marlin should've been, a bit larger. Vostok got it right. I'll get me one of these in a hurry, in blue. I had been wanting a Marlin, but the tiny 35mm case put me off, along with the $200 price for a Chinese movement. At least the Classica won't look like a wart with two hairs coming out of it on my big wrist.

Hello, I just picked up one of these. Does anyone know how many turns to give it a full winding? Also is it possible to over wind it?

Thanks,
    Bill

24h

Quote Originally Posted by wcianfrani View Post
    Hello, I just picked up one of these. Does anyone know how many turns to give it a full winding? Also is it possible to over wind it?

Thanks,
    Bill
    It has the 2409A manual wind movement. Keep turning until you feel a resistance and do not force anything.
    I'd say that it takes 25-30 turns, but that number could be different for you.

My YouTube Channel for watch modding and I​nstagram for (mostly) Russian watches

Quote Originally Posted by 24h View Post
    It has the 2409A manual wind movement. Keep turning until you feel a resistance and do not force anything.
    I'd say that it takes 25-30 turns, but that number could be different for you.
    Thanks!

Hi guys, I just received my vostok classica :)

I wanted to ask about the numbering in the back. Does it really mean it is a limited edition and there are only 999 pieces of each color? I am surprised I got a 300 something when it looks like all the grey dials just sold out... and I saw a 600 something in a secondhand post...may be they didn't sell them in order anyway... But do we have any confirmation of this being so? No more vostok classica will be made?

Some pics to not make it so boring :)

Name:  IMG_4678.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  1.81 MB
    Name:  IMG_4679.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  1.33 MB
    Name:  IMG_4680.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  1.62 MB
    24h, Galaga and Andrei Mihaila like this.

sorry, repeated

24h

Quote Originally Posted by Neros View Post
    Hi guys, I just received my vostok classica :)

I wanted to ask about the numbering in the back. Does it really mean it is a limited edition and there are only 999 pieces of each color? I am surprised I got a 300 something when it looks like all the grey dials just sold out... and I saw a 600 something in a secondhand post...may be they didn't sell them in order anyway... But do we have any confirmation of this being so? No more vostok classica will be made?

Some pics to not make it so boring :)
    Not sure about the answer to your question, but excellent photos!
    Makes me want one of these

My YouTube Channel for watch modding and I​nstagram for (mostly) Russian watches

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread Information