Vostok Mod - the Revival - Page 42
Like Tree6088Likes

Thread: Vostok Mod - the Revival

Page 42 of 304 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 92 142 ... LastLast

Re: Vostok Mod - the Revival

Quote Originally Posted by munichjoe View Post
    Just using what I have..... And the brown strap is old and dry.... Plus I'm not really a fan of light brown leather.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk
    No worries LOL - when I first read your post I thought it was more of a question than a statement. I wholeheartedly understand the "using what you've got" when modding. I suppose, in 10 years, I'll have a bin full of extra bezels, crowns, straps & it will be easy to just fish something out.

You ever consider selling that beauty, keep me in mind
    Wife: Don't you have enough watches?
    Me: Don't you have enough earrings?
    Wife: So, you're saying that watches are jewelry for Men?
    Me: That's exactly what I'm saying.
    Wife: Let's go shopping.

And that's how I got my last watch...

So, here's where I am at now.
    Hands- speedtimerkollektion
    Bezel - older pers iirc
    Strap- Seiko style (can't remember from where)

Annnnnd then there was this.....

Last edited by munichjoe; June 5th, 2017 at 20:32.
    Ticonderoga, mxm, DocTone and 1 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

And got this one pimped as well...

Ticonderoga, DocTone and jetcash like this.

I wore my 710 on a NATO to the pool for the first time over Memorial weekend, and realized that fabric straps are not suited for immersion. Despite the synthetic weave and heat, it stayed damp for a while. I will keep my diver on sharkmesh or rubber. I am exploring rubber options and the isofrane style has inevitably caught my eye. There are several manufacturers making isofrane styled straps, but this is a $100 watch (once I factor in mods) and I am not keen on spending $100 on a strap. So I am stuck looking for clones. Does anyone have pictures of amphibias on isofrane straps, and what other rubber straps should I be considering?
    Abrazagar likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DerangedGoose View Post
    I wore my 710 on a NATO to the pool for the first time over Memorial weekend, and realized that fabric straps are not suited for immersion. Despite the synthetic weave and heat, it stayed damp for a while. I will keep my diver on sharkmesh or rubber. I am exploring rubber options and the isofrane style has inevitably caught my eye. There are several manufacturers making isofrane styled straps, but this is a $100 watch (once I factor in mods) and I am not keen on spending $100 on a strap. So I am stuck looking for clones. Does anyone have pictures of amphibias on isofrane straps, and what other rubber straps should I be considering?
    Saw this one on photobucket. Looks nice.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Unfortunetaly I have no pictures about the setup:
    IMHO the straps by Obris Morgan are great for Price (https://forums.watchuseek.com/f74/str...572970-35.html)
    After "Cooking" the smell past away, and by the more roundish form it fits very well.

I'm also still looking for a strap for my 710 black scuba dude. I'm thinking either a vintage leather or rubber. Pictures would be appreciated :)

Agreed, NATOs don't dry quickly. Perlons do, however.

Here are photos of exactly what you didn't ask for.
    Last edited by saturnine; June 6th, 2017 at 16:21.
    nckwvr and JedIsDead like this.

The first time I wore my Scuba Dude yesterday was in the sea and I agree, took a while for the NATO to dry off.

Name:  Copy of DSC02773b.JPG
Views: 622
Size:  176.5 KB

One of these "No Dive Limits" rubber straps came on a vintage Amphib I bought, I had no idea if it was any good or not or what the price was. I put it on the SD and it seems comfortable enough.

Name:  IMG_3096.JPG
Views: 637
Size:  1.52 MB

Did a quick eBay and I see that they are $5.95 International Shipping included.

Link

Name:  s-l500.jpg
Views: 618
Size:  19.9 KB
    Wife: Don't you have enough watches?
    Me: Don't you have enough earrings?
    Wife: So, you're saying that watches are jewelry for Men?
    Me: That's exactly what I'm saying.
    Wife: Let's go shopping.

And that's how I got my last watch...

Page 42 of 304 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 92 142 ... LastLast

Thread Information