WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Vostok "Scuba Dude" blue dial color question

13K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  arktika1148 
#1 ·
I got a Vostok "Scuba Dude" with a blue dial from Zenitar over on ebay.

My watch has more of a turquoise color than classic blue. I really like it.
I have seen another Scuba Dude Vostic with a blue dial and it looks like a classic blue dial color.
Are they the same blue color and the color difference is caused by the lighting or angle during the photography? Or are there two different colored blue dials?

My Vostic with a more turquoise looking dial color. Model #0118f

The other blue dial Model#0118

See less See more
#7 ·
Don't know which part of Wales you're in, but mine is in N. Wales most days.
If you're anywhere that way (Broughton) give me a shout and you can play with it by trying it on etc, to convince you just how much you need one.

#10 ·
The Blue Dude has some kind of 'optical quality' that changes with the lighting, mood (LOL)...etc. Mine (highly modified with Murphy Bezel and, now discontinued, Demineur Bezel Insert---also aftermarket hands) looks almost Royal Blue when photographed. It's an odd thing. Anyway, congrats on the new 'Dude"...you'll love it! That tiny little scuba 'dude' is an icon like no other! Sorry, but the pic is an old one and a little blurry, I'll try to get a better one.

#13 ·
Just be advised that the 420 round case looks a bit big and clumsy on an 18mm strap because it is quite high. A NATO strap makes it ride even higher and the strap will look even thinner.
The strap that you have now is notched and wider just after the lugs which gives a more favourable look.

If you have to replace it, personally I would recommend a non-tapering 20 mm strap, notched to 18 mm at the lugs ...that gives the best look IMO

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.