Watches for dear people - Page 3
Like Tree216Likes

Thread: Watches for dear people

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Re: Watches for dear people

Quote Originally Posted by stevarad View Post
    This is such unique and wonderful present.

And I really think that You must start some business with ladies watches like this. I will be first in line to buy. Seriously. Not joking.
    Thanks! I would almost consider making a few of them, but I feel like the cost might be to high considering I'm a novice at best. it's ~$90 in parts alone, which doesn't account for any of the days of work put into the dial making, case prep, painting, lume, etc.

Maybe everyone should write to the Vostok people and have them get ahold of me, I would happily license the "Mария" dial and design to them for a SE so that all the ladies out there could have a nice watch built by professionals

Quote Originally Posted by A.Sev View Post
    Thanks! I would almost consider making a few of them, but I feel like the cost might be to high considering I'm a novice at best. it's ~$90 in parts alone, which doesn't account for any of the days of work put into the dial making, case prep, painting, lume, etc.

Maybe everyone should write to the Vostok people and have them get ahold of me, I would happily license the "Mария" dial and design to them for a SE so that all the ladies out there could have a nice watch built by professionals
    I think that this is good idea. Or something like this could be next year project watch. We could make watches for ladies and/or for presents, why not.

Послато са SM-N950F уз помоћ Тапатока
    A.Sev likes this.

Well, because we all VERY WELL know that mother in law is the MOST important member of family, here is white ladies vostok, which was present for my mother in law.
    Very nice watch.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

l want to buy my wife a Russian watch, but she has ZERO interest in watches. For our 1st anniversary l bought her a Citizen Eco Drive, and she wore it twice. lt ended up in one of my watch cases. My friend that lives in Vegas is sort of a watch enthusiast. He has a Seiko monster and a well worn square 5600 series multi band 5 G Shock that he wears daily. l may get him a 650 series Komandirskie.

A few years ago, Askofu a member of the Affordable Forum had some watches stolen. He is a bishop and missionary in Africa but unfortunately is not in the best of health now. At the time I was a frantic collector snapping up everything that looked attractive to me. I now own over 200 watches some of witch will be moving soon. At the time I thought it would be a nice gesture to gift him a watch to help him get by. I got in touch so he knew to expect a parcel. What I didn't tell him was I had put two watches in the parcel. I know one was a Memorex alarm but I can't remember what the other one was. As he lived out in the bush I knew it would take some time for the parcel to reach him and there was always the chance it might not reach him at all. Well the weeks went by and I was beginning to think they had disappeared when one day I received a pm from him, they had arrived. He was over the moon and so surprised to find two watches in the parcel and said his wife took an immediate like to the Memorex and claimed it. It gave me a fantastic buzz to think that they had travelled thousands of miles through Africa and had found him. The monetary value doesn't come into it just the fact that we help our friends in need.
    stevarad, 24h, arktika1148 and 1 others like this.
    Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by demag View Post
    A few years ago, Askofu a member of the Affordable Forum had some watches stolen. He is a bishop and missionary in Africa but unfortunately is not in the best of health now. At the time I was a frantic collector snapping up everything that looked attractive to me. I now own over 200 watches some of witch will be moving soon. At the time I thought it would be a nice gesture to gift him a watch to help him get by. I got in touch so he knew to expect a parcel. What I didn't tell him was I had put two watches in the parcel. I know one was a Memorex alarm but I can't remember what the other one was. As he lived out in the bush I knew it would take some time for the parcel to reach him and there was always the chance it might not reach him at all. Well the weeks went by and I was beginning to think they had disappeared when one day I received a pm from him, they had arrived. He was over the moon and so surprised to find two watches in the parcel and said his wife took an immediate like to the Memorex and claimed it. It gave me a fantastic buzz to think that they had travelled thousands of miles through Africa and had found him. The monetary value doesn't come into it just the fact that we help our friends in need.
    Oh my God, what fantastic story! And one of best examples of beauty of giving!

Thank you for sharing this.

Great thread. I have received some watches as gifts before, A Fossil and another one. The fossil was very nice but leather bands don't fit me so I never wore it but I gave it to my brother in law. He loves it. Makes me so happy about it. I gave my other brother in law a vostok partner. I gave my one niece a Bostok 051462. For my 4 sisters in law, mother in law and wife of brother in law I got some Slava woman watches. My other niece and nephew received a Luch watch each. My brother, I got him a 100652 and my wife a 420007 with a plain bezel since much like A.Zev above, the functionality for woman just wasn't there. looks really nice with the flat bezel . My best friend just got married and I noticed that he doesn't wear a watch so I got us both a 090679. Since we are like brothers we'll remember each other. I gave a slava Spetsnaz to a good friend of mines. I went to Russia last summer so the idea was to give them something of our trip and also of functionality. My wife tells me all her sisters liked their watch. They weren't expensive ones but they are humble poor people.
    stevarad likes this.

Tomorrow much of the world will celebrate Mothers Day

In honor of my mother, 82 years young still active and looking after my 92 year old father, today, I will wear the watch her and my father presented to me on my 21st birthday back in 1986

Name:  seiko1.JPG
Views: 99
Size:  94.3 KB

Name:  seiko_2.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  52.8 KB

I wish them both strong heart and good health. Moms are best. And they are always moms, like when you had just 6, even if you have 56 now...

Father of five likes this.

This one I bought for one of my best friends. He was my bestman at wedding, and baptized me and my daughters ("godfather", which is very imortant in our tradition, something very close and important, almost like member of family). Although he studied French literatury, he is great admirer and loves everything about Russia, so I gave him this watch.

He has big hands and wrists, so I think I will give him another one also, bigger..

OhDark30 likes this.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information