Watches for dear people
Like Tree219Likes

Thread: Watches for dear people

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Watches for dear people

In this thread, we should talk about defeating our need to posses all and every watch on this world, and to show our example of generous and beautiful watch-giving. All of us have people that we love and respect, people that are dear to us. And for us, sometimes, the best way to show our appreciation to people that we love and respect is to give something that we love also, and that could be watch.

Although I was planning to start this thread for some time, this is also inspired by wonderful story and examples of watch-giving and thanksgiving by our members Notsharp and Matt_bored_O from this thread https://forums.watchuseek.com/f10/ta...p-4941969.html

I will use words of our well known member Joecool, from thread above, to explain beauty of giving, particularly watch-giving, because they perfectly reflect my thoughts and emotions about that:

"I have given away a few of my watches over the last couple of years,and it always makes me very happy to see the reaction of the recipients,also there is the added bonus that some of the time when the wearer glances at the time you are in their thoughts.
    Another consequence of giving a watch as a gift,is sometimes through unavoidable circumstances that gift finds it's way back to you...then everytime you glance at the watch the original wearer is in your own thoughts.
    That fact is very comforting indeed."

So please, show us Your's examples, photos and/or stories about watches that You gave, people, and how both felt about that...

Regards to all good people,

Stevan

Re: Watches for dear people

This one is watch that I gave to My brother. I bought two, and gave one to him..

He is my older brother. Do You know that feeling when You are kid and have big and strong older brother? Well, nobody ever dare too touch me or look at me wrong way because of him. He was always my protection and wall made of stone. He still is..

So this was a perfect present for him. Tough and strong watch. He is wearing it almost always. Does not talk about it, never talking about feelings, but I know and can see that he is proud to have that watch.

I bought him several other watches also (I will try to find or take pics and to post them), but this one is definitely most in accordance with his character..

Послато са SM-N950F уз помоћ Тапатока
    24h, Slm643, BRUICHLADICH and 6 others like this.

I bought this beautiful white mechanical USSR slava watch for my wife, I wanted that she have something elegant, but durable and of good qjality.

But my oldest daughter decided that it is perfect for her's hand. I tend to agreee.

So, formaly it is still ma wife's watch, but in reality, the other woman wear it :)))

24h, Slm643, sideways2 and 12 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

This two quartz sturmanskies are also watches bought for may wife. So, with ladies amfibia which is on way to our home, and slava above, I am building her nice collection...

She is always there, night and day, so there are two watches that symbolise that night and day..

I will post later a few other examples. I think that I gave a dozens of watches as presents, but need to find real pics. Or at least online photos of same models if I do not find real photos.

24h

I'm still at the beginning of my watch collecting journey and have only gifted one smart watch.
    Lets just say that my friends/family don't share the same interest in watches.

There seems to be two ways of thinking among them:
    1. Quartz watch as a fashion accessory
    2. "Watches are stupid. I can check the time on my phone."

@stevarad Very heartwarming story about your brother. I'm sure he's always thinking of you when he checks the time.
    Now, what is the next watch in your collection that your daughter chooses to take?

My YouTube Channel for watch modding and I​nstagram for (mostly) Russian watches

Watches for dear people

Those are lovely stories. A watch is always a wonderful thing to receive. I think Dub Rubb’s Vostoks for his groomsmen at his upcoming wedding deserve their place in this thread too.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...5&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, there is Ana an Elsa quartz watch :)))))

She is always digging in my watch boxes and helping me to choose watch for wearing. Helping to choose strap when changing it. Raketa kopernikus is also one of her favorites but strap is bigger.
    24h likes this.

double post

Yes, that is perfect example of this thread story! And such great idea.
    24h likes this.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information