What's the weather like where you are - Page 2
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: What's the weather like where you are

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: What's the weather like where you are

I spent some time in Newcastle and Sydney, kinda forgot about my tourist visa and I was working in a bikers bar in Sydney when I met the local heavy old bill who promptly had me out and on a plane to Britain in a trice and banned from entering for ten years too back then.

Do remember the beers, working in that metal hell of the refinery up at Newcastle, you sweated pints and had to dodge them bloody spiders which just loved the shade of your toolbox and pinged out at your face when you opened it up not thinking, after that it was def XXXX time, well for me it was one or two of them big cans of Vicky, I went to many hot countries in my time but that refinery was the worst I ever experienced.

Quite ironic in that one of my oldest friends emigrated there and is now an immigration official over in Perth who keeps wanting me to move over there, says a lot of money to be made in the mines there and he could sweeten the path for me so to speak lol
    Rather sad, slightly mad 3 wheel van toting cat doting ol' timer...

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgydruid View Post
    I spent some time in Newcastle and Sydney, kinda forgot about my tourist visa and I was working in a bikers bar in Sydney when I met the local heavy old bill who promptly had me out and on a plane to Britain in a trice and banned from entering for ten years too back then.

Do remember the beers, working in that metal hell of the refinery up at Newcastle, you sweated pints and had to dodge them bloody spiders which just loved the shade of your toolbox and pinged out at your face when you opened it up not thinking, after that it was def XXXX time, well for me it was one or two of them big cans of Vicky, I went to many hot countries in my time but that refinery was the worst I ever experienced.

Quite ironic in that one of my oldest friends emigrated there and is now an immigration official over in Perth who keeps wanting me to move over there, says a lot of money to be made in the mines there and he could sweeten the path for me so to speak lol
    Lots of money to be made in Western Australia at the moment with a gold mining boom going on over there.
    If you can’t make $2-3k AUD a week you’re doing it wrong, if you can handle the heat, remote locations, flies, spiders, snakes that is.
    Too Many Vostoks

I remember I was earning insane amounts at the refinery because of the horrible conditions in the summer, all I did was a basic fitter replacing bolts and flanges on the myriad maze of pipes all over the place and it was breathtaking. The "lads" were expecting a soft pom like me to wilt but I kept at it as long as them blokes did lol

Am too old and worn out prob to offer much in the industrial workplace but I do miss Aus, my retirement was originally to buy a patch of scrub somewhere, stick a bloody great caravan on it, get a nice ute and slowly go mad in the privacy of my own solitude hehe
    Rather sad, slightly mad 3 wheel van toting cat doting ol' timer...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

my retirement was originally to buy a patch of scrub somewhere, stick a bloody great caravan on it, get a nice ute and slowly go mad in the privacy of my own solitude hehe
    Well, that’s basically what I’ve done, including the V8 ute and going mad in solitude . Except I built a house on that patch of scrub instead of a caravan.
    Too Many Vostoks

I said to me daughter that is it we are moving to Scotland where the only dodgy things to watch for is drunken Scotsmen and rampaging sheep.
    You haven’t met the local midges then.........

It's blowing a gale here & the rain feels like ball bearings.
    Oh and it's very grey.
    My Vostok is awesome however..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Father of five View Post
    Its going to be a cold week here in Calgary, here is the temperature right now

Attachment 14777319
    You puss... it's supposed to be -38 here Wednesday night. At least in Calgary a chinook will blow through and thaw everything out periodically
    Father of five likes this.

87F and its the rainy season. Lightning storm forecast. Weather a bit unpleasant further north with the erupting Taal volcano and ash.

Name:  Taal Volcano at Night - 13 January 2020.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  18.2 KB

A tad windy here on the East coast of the UK, still, should have blown itself out by the early hours of the morning, not too cold though, as it's coming from the South.

Quote Originally Posted by Ham2 View Post
    You haven’t met the local midges then.........
    Don't forget the Klegs

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information