What's the weather like where you are
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: What's the weather like where you are

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

What's the weather like where you are

Its going to be a cold week here in Calgary, here is the temperature right now

Name:  IMG_5820.PNG
Views: 56
Size:  794.4 KB
    brandon\ likes this.

Re: What's the weather like where you are

Gonna be a rough week

It's been well above normal here the past couple days. Low 60's today which was fantastic, actually had a couple windows open. Back to reality tonight, low 20's.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I always thought Airdrie was in Scotland... :P

My eldest lives on the Cowal peninsula on the spartan side of the Clyde estuary and she says it is grim and biting cold yet the locals are walking about in vests and shorts and big ginger beards hehe

I was offered a place further up the estuary in this tiny hamlet, nearest petrol station like 12 miles away and I am nope... not on your lifeskie lol

Down here in deepest darkest Dorset it is bitterly cold due to a nasty wind chill straight from the Urals no doubt, dug my WW2 sheepskin bomber jacket out and my other sheepskin, my MA1 bomber jacket too... no wonder we went abroad and nicked everyone elses country bloody British weather... :P

I did have a friend years ago who lived somewhere in BC and every winter they would all gang up and unbury people's houses as the snowfall would be up to the eaves, then it was hunt the car, dog, cat, children, unthaw the local postman and wear several lined lumberjack coats at people hehe
    Rather sad, slightly mad 3 wheel van toting cat doting ol' timer...

Wow thats cold, here halfway up the UK, its grey, un-usually its not raining today, but grey, damp, cold but not freezing and errm grey,,,did I mention how grey the UK is in winter, believe me its grey, its why Brits go nuts in spring/summer, everywhere we look its grey, the sky, the roads, the trees, the houses, even our beautiful countryside is grey..we love snow (its white and not grey!) but all we usually get after snow is slush..which is, you've guessed it GREY.
    thewatchadude likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkgate View Post
    Wow thats cold, here halfway up the UK, its grey, un-usually its not raining today, but grey, damp, cold but not freezing and errm grey,,,did I mention how grey the UK is in winter, believe me its grey, its why Brits go nuts in spring/summer, everywhere we look its grey, the sky, the roads, the trees, the houses, even our beautiful countryside is grey..we love snow (its white and not grey!) but all we usually get after snow is slush..which is, you've guessed it GREY.
    I can only feel for the people of Aberdeen where they took grey to new and ultra depressing heights.

77' F so starting to cool off for the night
    I don't have too many watches! I have too few wrists!

Yes the crocodiles and snakes do hate the heat :P

I was reading up the other day on how Sheerness in Kent, a stones throw from where I grew up is the only place in Britain with native scorpions O.o As a kiddie, I was playing with my trainset I was bitten by what I thought was an earwig on my hand and it came up like a balloon and it was one of them scorpion buggers :( one of the reasons I came back to ol' blighty was the lack of bitey, nasty thingies then last year I was bitten by a false widow and my forearm opened up from hand to elbow in horrid ulcers and blisters, said to me daughter that is it we are moving to Scotland where the only dodgy things to watch for is drunken Scotsmen and rampaging sheep.
    thewatchadude likes this.

Well, after a couple of weeks of over 40+C, many, many beers consumed and half the country going up in smoke, temperatures are now back to normal where I am at least. High 20’s to low 30’s expected over the next week. Perfect beach weather.

My young boy has a pet scorpion in a terrarium in his bedroom here. A native thing about 4” long. Eats cricket’s like they’re candy. Not the sort of pet you can handle, but he thinks it’s pretty cool nonetheless.
    Same as this.
    Name:  1D24748B-5420-49C7-A075-888EC892CC92.jpeg
Views: 49
Size:  711.2 KB
    Last edited by Weissen; 5 Days Ago at 00:45.
    Too Many Vostoks

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information