WUS Project Interest Poll - Page 3

View Poll Results: Are you interested in any of these project ideas?

Voters
102. This poll is closed
  • Vostok Poljot "Dolphin" Amphibian

52 50.98%
  • Vostok Neptune Amphibian

34 33.33%
  • Luch GAZ-13 "Chaika"

41 40.20%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: WUS Project Interest Poll

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Re: WUS Project Interest Poll

Quote Originally Posted by chirs1211 View Post
    Any info on the size of the GAZ-13 case ? Will it be a standard 37mm Luch case ?
    Thanks
    Chris
    I asked the same thing in post#2 :) I don't know if I'd be in for a sub 38mm watch. The 39mm 420 SE is already at pushing it for what I'm comfortable with.
    I do realize a lot of people like smaller watches though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergfour View Post
    I asked the same thing in post#2 :) I don't know if I'd be in for a sub 38mm watch. The 39mm 420 SE is already at pushing it for what I'm comfortable with.
    I do realize a lot of people like smaller watches though.
    The men's one-handers appear to be 37.6mm, and that likely holds true for a mechanical two-hand design as well.

Confirming the standard case from Luch, whether stainless or brass, is 38 mm (and please spare me the decimals...) with 44 mm lug to lug which ain’t small. Also around 8 mm thin, depending if with or without display porthole in the back.
    This means it’s way more proportionate than a Vostok 420 automatic, which with 39 mm across is a whopping 15 mm thick — 38% relative vs 21%!
    38 is the modern size for dress watches. The classics from the sixties were 34 mm wide (as most Soviet vintages, btw), and 38 were sold as “oversize”. C’mon: this is 5% less than your modern 40 mm consensual standard!
    With this diameter, thickness, weight, you quickly forget it on the wrist and under the cuff (yup, it’s not meant for Hawaiian short sleeves).
    Especially if meant as “dress” or “formal”, the very last thing you want from a watch is being self-conscious!

I just checked Junghans catalog, and this brand has some experience in classic elegance. Chronographs go from 40 to 42 mm. Their “retro” classics “Meister” are just the same size as the Luch, i.e. 38. Their true original classic Max Bill, the icon of bauhaus style, is 34 mm. Sorry, no divers... In more trendy, WIS brands, Nomos Glashütte latest models pair, named after Docs without Borders goes 35 and 39 mm.
    All this to say: if you don’t downsize now, you’re the one “retro”, lagging one generation behind next fashion

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Ok thanks, that's too small for me, shame as i quite liked the design.

Chris
    OKEAH Final Edition. 1976-2011. Proud owner of the original watch. Serial number: 251/300

Quote Originally Posted by PanKorop View Post
    Confirming the standard case from Luch, whether stainless or brass, is 38 mm (and please spare me the decimals...) with 44 mm lug to lug which ain’t small. Also around 8 mm thin, depending if with or without display porthole in the back.
    This means it’s way more proportionate than a Vostok 420 automatic, which with 39 mm across is a whopping 15 mm thick — 38% relative vs 21%!
    38 is the modern size for dress watches. The classics from the sixties were 34 mm wide (as most Soviet vintages, btw), and 38 were sold as “oversize”. C’mon: this is 5% less than your modern 40 mm consensual standard!
    With this diameter, thickness, weight, you quickly forget it on the wrist and under the cuff (yup, it’s not meant for Hawaiian short sleeves).
    Especially if meant as “dress” or “formal”, the very last thing you want from a watch is being self-conscious!
    All this to say: if you don’t downsize now, you’re the one “retro”, lagging one generation behind next fashion
    Calling me retro isn't a stretch :) I've had smaller/thinner watches than the 420 but they didn't stay in the collection. I can always give it another shot, but 37.6mm would be pushing it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergfour View Post
    Calling me retro isn't a stretch :) I've had smaller/thinner watches than the 420 but they didn't stay in the collection. I can always give it another shot, but 37.6mm would be pushing it for me.
    Not by all that much: I just measured my Ca...(shhh!) OCS-100 as you know and like that reference Not counting the crown-guard, it’s 38.8 mm wide! It has also the exact same thickness as my Luch “Mova” with display back and domed sapphire: 10.5 mm. With the Mova white dial, the wrist presence is very close. And unlike the reference, it has standard 20 mm lugs

I feel like I am in the minority here, but I LIKE them both. I will let you guys figure out the particulars, but sign me up for both!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I do love the OCW S100. In fact, gave one to the wife :) Recently had a Dagaz Thunderbolt which was about 39 and thinner than a 420, but ended up selling that one as well.
    Because the Gaz is a Russian, and a project watch to boot, I might let this one slide though :)
    PanKorop and sideways2 like this.

And absolutely include me in the Luch project. Where and when do I toss my cash in their direction!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Well it's not there yet...it's still a couple votes behind...needs to be kicked up a bit!!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information