WUS Project Interest Poll - Page 9

View Poll Results: Are you interested in any of these project ideas?

Voters
102. This poll is closed
  • Vostok Poljot "Dolphin" Amphibian

52 50.98%
  • Vostok Neptune Amphibian

34 33.33%
  • Luch GAZ-13 "Chaika"

41 40.20%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: WUS Project Interest Poll

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

Re: WUS Project Interest Poll

Quote Originally Posted by max888 View Post
    Poll is over,what's next?
    The poll results indicated that a Luch project could be viable (due to the smaller order quantities allowed by Luch), so that is being investigated by PanKorop. If that results in a project proposal gaining the approval of the Watchuseek administrator then an announcement will be made in a new thread.

The two Vostok based concepts require a bigger commitment to succeed, and many of the supporters of those concepts have indicated that they support one but not the other. Nobody is currently pursuing either of those concepts. If somebody here believes that one of those concepts could succeed, and has the information to back that up, then they may send a project proposal to me or directly to the site administrator. However the project will only be approved if the administrator is confident that the project is viable.
    max888 and PanKorop like this.
    Chascomm
    Moderator, Russian Watches & Chinese Mechanical Watches Forums
    (no, I am not going to list all my watches here)

Quote Originally Posted by Chascomm View Post
    The poll results indicated that a Luch project could be viable (due to the smaller order quantities allowed by Luch), so that is being investigated by PanKorop. If that results in a project proposal gaining the approval of the Watchuseek administrator then an announcement will be made in a new thread.

The two Vostok based concepts require a bigger commitment to succeed, and many of the supporters of those concepts have indicated that they support one but not the other. Nobody is currently pursuing either of those concepts. If somebody here believes that one of those concepts could succeed, and has the information to back that up, then they may send a project proposal to me or directly to the site administrator. However the project will only be approved if the administrator is confident that the project is viable.
    As i see, situation is not getting clear.

What will be difference between proposed WUS gaz13 project and existing watches which is using same concept?

my own vision is that choosing between two divers is better than to get one gaz13. And i see support for this vision from WRU members.

Please, dont get me wrong, but as i understand - 86 votes is for Vostok watches and only half from amount this votes is for Luch.
    max888 likes this.
    Earn money, f... b....

Quote Originally Posted by detroie View Post
    As i see, situation is not getting clear.

What will be difference between proposed WUS gaz13 project and existing watches which is using same concept?

my own vision is that choosing between two divers is better than to get one gaz13. And i see support for this vision from WRU members.

Please, dont get me wrong, but as i understand - 86 votes is for Vostok watches and only half from amount this votes is for Luch.
    Let me try and clarify the picture for you. Now I understand Луч (Luch) means sun-ray, so you did keep your sunglasses

I’ll repeat Chascomm, by insisting these projects are not mutually exclusive. This means that if the Luch gets constructed, this does not mean the divers are abandoned. We’re not electing the successor of the Sultan. This means you don’t need to kill one to get another, ok?

Also, as you certainly did follow this thread, you saw the Minsk factory accepts to make series as small as 30 pieces, so it is viable with less people interested. It may start off earlier, is all.

Now what’s the difference between the Tchaika / Gaz 13 project and “existing watches which is using same concept”? What do you mean by “same concept”? Car tachometer inspired? Small flat dress watch? Hand-winding? In any case, maybe first because it will have some bonuses, like water protection, stainless steel case, domed sapphire glass, see-through case back... and finally a new, original, here “homemade” design by Arizone.
    Beside, one could return you the question, asking what’s the difference between an umpteenth diver Vostok and existing watches using the same concept (200m proof, automatic, plastic glass, revolving bezel...) and the answer would be about the same, I suppose: different design.

As for the choice between one Luch and two divers, I’ll repeat it’s not between. It can be Luch AND one of the two divers. I’ll remind also there are two Luch parallel projects so far: one-hander and two hands (hour, minute), with different dials. One is inspired by the Gaz-13 tacho, the second by the Tchaika dashboard clock. Both are currently under study at the factory design team.

Finally, while I try my best to get the dress watch started, this does not mean I would not support a diver — whichever of them gets enough support for manufacturing at a realistic price.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

PanKorop,why would this Luch be included in the voting in general, would they make a separate project for 30 people and everything, in Russia this project is practically of no interest to anyone, unlike the cult Amphibians for us.
    From Russia with Love

Quote Originally Posted by max888 View Post
    PanKorop,why would this Luch be included in the voting in general, would they make a separate project for 30 people and everything, in Russia this project is practically of no interest to anyone, unlike the cult Amphibians for us.
    Why? Because it IS already included in this poll, which is closed, btw.
    You don’t like it? Fine! I presume then you didn’t vote for it and your vote is reflected up there Î
    Aow, btw this forum is international, with everyone welcome. I believe there are more Western Australians then Russians among the active members... You know, elsewhere in this forum, someone wrote today that Russians don’t understand how come Westerners go gaga over Amphibians, as they greatly prefer Japanese watches...

Now, you say that a Luch has no interest to anyone in Russia? I’m afraid you confuse your own convictions and “everybody”. Now, I won’t argue, just show you the proof of the contrary: a purely Russian project from watches.ru, which sold its 250 pieces “limitovka” very fast and are now a sought-after collector costing several times their original purchase price. Btw, there are Russians among those who chase them, as we know at least one here from St-Petersburg.

Kotsov likes this.

Italy - Between Florence and Champs sur le Bisance

I like the Luch idea and I am therefore very happy with the fact that it is submitted to the administrators :-D

Buon lavoro Paul!
    PanKorop and Utva_56 like this.
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ http://russian-watches.it/ ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭ 140 Watches exposed online now ☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

PanKorop,I see so far only one thing,Dolphin won and Luch is going to do! Why, then, this vote?
    detroie likes this.
    From Russia with Love

Quote Originally Posted by PanKorop View Post
    Why? Because it IS already included in this poll, which is closed, btw.
    You don’t like it? Fine! I presume then you didn’t vote for it and your vote is reflected up there Î
    Aow, btw this forum is international, with everyone welcome. I believe there are more Western Australians then Russians among the active members... You know, elsewhere in this forum, someone wrote today that Russians don’t understand how come Westerners go gaga over Amphibians, as they greatly prefer Japanese watches...

Now, you say that a Luch has no interest to anyone in Russia? I’m afraid you confuse your own convictions and “everybody”. Now, I won’t argue, just show you the proof of the contrary: a purely Russian project from watches.ru, which sold its 250 pieces “limitovka” very fast and are now a sought-after collector costing several times their original purchase price. Btw, there are Russians among those who chase them, as we know at least one here from St-Petersburg.
    I cant find information about national belongings of the WRU, WUS, RE etc forums, all of them are international. However, most of them are single language speaking.

Concerning interest in Russian speaking community, of course there will be some interest, but there should be logical connection between majority of votes for divers and minority for the costume watch, i cant see that at the moment. If the idea of Luch is so popular, why you can't proceed with new threat and everybody will have a choice? like it was happened with Electronika.

Don't get me wrong, but this word in written form will be "Limitka" - emphasis on the second syllable.
    max888 and Utva_56 like this.
    Earn money, f... b....

24h

I think everyone should take a step back

Yes, the Amphibian has ~25% more votes, but lets think about the previous Elbrus project.
    The last thing we want to do is "kill" another project because of a lack of participants + inflated cost.

With the possibility of doing the Luch and Electronika as side projects, why not?
    The Luch has a small minimum order requirement, seems to have most of the design completed, and there are already enough people backing it to proceed.

Yes, it seems a little backhanded to do the one with less votes, but the Amphibian will come with time. I personally like the Amphibian more and won't be participating in the Luch project, but lets wait and see how it turns out.
    After all - surely we have an abundance of time with all these watches in our possession
    PanKorop, Utva_56 and Chascomm like this.

My YouTube Channel for watch modding and I​nstagram for (mostly) Russian watches

Quote Originally Posted by detroie View Post
    I cant find information about national belongings of the WRU, WUS, RE etc forums, all of them are international. However, most of them are single language speaking.

Concerning interest in Russian speaking community, of course there will be some interest, but there should be logical connection between majority of votes for divers and minority for the costume watch, i cant see that at the moment. If the idea of Luch is so popular, why you can't proceed with new threat and everybody will have a choice? like it was happened with Electronika.

Don't get me wrong, but this word in written form will be "Limitka" - emphasis on the second syllable.
    Don’t worry: there will be a separate thread. For the options.
    Now please read again the OP (original post) of this thread: it said all about the reason of the diverse choices.
    Or get back to last year project “interest poll” and you’ll see it was even more diversified, ranging from divers to Poljot Polyarnye, field compass, etc. It’s the way that seems accepted here: first determining general interest, then refining any project with reasonable hopes of being finalized. So the Elektronika now flies on its own wings, and hopefully so will soon the Tchaika.

PS: I thank you for correcting me: « лимитка », of course. I’ll try to be just as helpful, and refresh your English, too. For instance the next poll on Luch-Gaz will be just another thread, as I insist you shouldn’t take this project for a threat.
    Utva_56 likes this.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information