Your preference: what do you put on first place between Poljot, Vostok, Raketa, Luch???
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Your preference: what do you put on first place between Poljot, Vostok, Raketa, Luch???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Your preference: what do you put on first place between Poljot, Vostok, Raketa, Luch???

What major manufacturer of Russian-SOviet watches do you always prefer and what do you hate for worst quality/design or durability?

Re: Your preference: what do you put on first place between Poljot, Vostok, Raketa, Luch???

Poljot.

Послато са SM-N950F помоћу Тапатока
    Mazuri222 likes this.

Re: Your preference: what do you put on first place between Poljot, Vostok, Raketa, Luch???

I can't say to be honest, they are great movement and fun for me to service these movement.
    Mazuri222 and SunnyOrange like this.
    My advice- buy a watch that pleases you. Don't let anyone judge or tell you what to wear. Good cheap and expensive watches are no different between them. Both still can tell the time.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I feel like 1st Moscow has the most variety in their offerings, and is my favorite. They had chronographs, dress watches, every day utilitarian watches, etc. Consider the difference between a Signal Alarm, a 3017, a Vympel 2209, and a Kirovskie Crab -- that has the makings of an entire collection!

Chistopol had a lot of great offerings through the 1970's, but ultimately narrowed their line to mostly Amphibia/Komandirskie, and the Komandirskie's got much less interesting from the early iterations. Early Chistopol watches like Mir, the 2809 line, and Sputnik are fantastic though.

Raketa was incredibly distinct, and probably the most "Soviet" in design, but it just isn't my taste. I can absolutely understand why they have some huge fans, and I do enjoy a few of their watches, but my tastes are usually much more conservative than their more garish styling.

Luch doesn't really belong in the same category as those three, as they were essentially a one- or two-watch factory. They are more along the lines of Chelyabinsk, Penza, ZIM, and Uglich, in that they were a specialty manufacturer. Slava is a much more apt inclusion here, and while I don't have many Slava's in my collection, I think they are an underrated factory with some great pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by bpmurray View Post
    I feel like 1st Moscow has the most variety in their offerings, and is my favorite. They had chronographs, dress watches, every day utilitarian watches, etc. Consider the difference between a Signal Alarm, a 3017, a Vympel 2209, and a Kirovskie Crab -- that has the makings of an entire collection!

Chistopol had a lot of great offerings through the 1970's, but ultimately narrowed their line to mostly Amphibia/Komandirskie, and the Komandirskie's got much less interesting from the early iterations. Early Chistopol watches like Mir, the 2809 line, and Sputnik are fantastic though.

Raketa was incredibly distinct, and probably the most "Soviet" in design, but it just isn't my taste. I can absolutely understand why they have some huge fans, and I do enjoy a few of their watches, but my tastes are usually much more conservative than their more garish styling.

Luch doesn't really belong in the same category as those three, as they were essentially a one- or two-watch factory. They are more along the lines of Chelyabinsk, Penza, ZIM, and Uglich, in that they were a specialty manufacturer. Slava is a much more apt inclusion here, and while I don't have many Slava's in my collection, I think they are an underrated factory with some great pieces.
    like reading my toughts...

Послато са SM-N950F помоћу Тапатока

In my experience, they are very durable watches; I have taken many from my dad's collection which weren't serviced for years, and I was surprised that they are still working.
    Especially vintage Ladies' watches with smaller movements, as Slava, Zarja, Chaika...

This is the best 'invention' in some of these watches - movement protection, something that impresses me (I wish this was used more often in watches!) :

Name:  DSCF2694.JPG
Views: 80
Size:  300.0 KB
    -- Mimi --

Poljot. Thats why my collection is 70% Poljots.
    stevarad and Mazuri222 like this.

Poljot. Then Vostok. Then Raketa.
    24h and Mazuri222 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyOrange View Post
    In my experience, they are very durable watches; I have taken many from my dad's collection which weren't serviced for years, and I was surprised that they are still working.
    Especially vintage Ladies' watches with smaller movements, as Slava, Zarja, Chaika...

This is the best 'invention' in some of these watches - movement protection, something that impresses me (I wish this was used more often in watches!) :

Name:  DSCF2694.JPG
Views: 80
Size:  300.0 KB
    Is this movement name as Chaika SU 1088?

Mat
    My advice- buy a watch that pleases you. Don't let anyone judge or tell you what to wear. Good cheap and expensive watches are no different between them. Both still can tell the time.

Poljot had the higher end watches, chronographs, etc., but when it comes down to it, the Vostok Komandirskie and Amphibia lines are more original than anything Poljot, Slava, Raketa, Luch, etc. ever made. There's really nothing quite like them from any manufacturer, anywhere. Vostok watches got me interested in Soviet/Russian watches in the first place, and I still keep an eye on their dealers' websites to look for new models. I love all Russian brands, but Chistopol is #1 for me.
    24h, tokareva, Mazuri222 and 2 others like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information