Alpha Multi-function Watch Review by Radio_Daze

Thread: Alpha Multi-function Watch Review by Radio_Daze

Alpha Multi-function Watch Review by Radio_Daze

I bought this Watch some time ago, and since I got it, it has sat in my Watch box.

Last friday I took it out of the box, removed all of the plastic from the bracelet, and resized it. The pins in the bracelet are actually not normal split pins, but screws! However, a couple of the pins were rather difficult to remove. I think it would be better if I invested in some better Watchmakers screw drivers, but that's another story. Overall the bracelet is fairly decent quality, all solid links, and solid end links too! The clasp is also made of thick stainless steel with clip open diver's extention.

You may notice that the design of the Watch has been borrowed from a very expensive Watch brand, but the Watch is Alpha branded, so no attempt at deception. So the Watch can not be considered counterfeit. The movement is automatic, hand winding and hackable, but instead of being a chronograph like the original, the sub dials indicate the month, the day of the week along with a 24 hour dial. The rotating bezel is smooth with no rattle. Watch is also very solidly built.

I have to admit that the ovearall appearance of the Watch is very nice cosidering the cost of around £30. The timekeeping is also very good, gaining around 5 seconds per day.

I know that the quality of Alpha Watches can said to be variable, but this example at least appears to be very good. I wish that I had taken the Watch out of my watch box earlier, as I am really enjoying wearing it.

So to me this is a lot of Watch for a really low cost, how long it will last is anyone's guess?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Alpha Multi-function Watch Review by Radio_Daze

Nice! I looked at this model and had second thoughts since I already have a similar multi-function and I wasn't crazy about the wavy dial design but this makes me want to try one out.
    The clasp looks solid!

This looks like the Speedmaster homage. I have the Seamaster homage which has the same bracelet, bezel and wavy dial except it has only a date window. I have to agree with most of the comments about the quality of Alphas, if this is an example.
    My clasp takes a strong push to catch when on the wrist but once it does, it's solid.
    My only concern is the size. If I'm honest about it, then it's really several mm too big for my wrist. Overall a great value watch and I'm extremely happy with it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Mine :

http://r.crouzet.free.fr/Ressources/...ubalbum_9.html

one of my favourite...

@ewok : it's a Seamaster 300m CHRONO homage.

Funny thing, the black dial with the 6-9-12 tricompax came next for Omega (the original one had a mudy blue colour), the first Omega black dial was a 3-6-9 tricompax, with a different iron bracelet (same as the Speedmaster)...

Does it make the Omega Seamaster an Alpha homage ?
    (okay, I'm not proud of this one)

Quote Originally Posted by Radio_Daze View Post
    I bought this Watch some time ago, and since I got it, it has sat in my Watch box.

Last friday I took it out of the box, removed all of the plastic from the bracelet, and resized it. The pins in the bracelet are actually not normal split pins, but screws! However, a couple of the pins were rather difficult to remove. I think it would be better if I invested in some better Watchmakers screw drivers, but that's another story. Overall the bracelet is fairly decent quality, all solid links, and solid end links too! The clasp is also made of thick stainless steel with clip open diver's extention.

You may notice that the design of the Watch has been borrowed from a very expensive Watch brand, but the Watch is Alpha branded, so no attempt at deception. So the Watch can not be considered counterfeit. The movement is automatic, hand winding and hackable, but instead of being a chronograph like the original, the sub dials indicate the month, the day of the week along with a 24 hour dial. The rotating bezel is smooth with no rattle. Watch is also very solidly built.

I have to admit that the ovearall appearance of the Watch is very nice cosidering the cost of around £30. The timekeeping is also very good, gaining around 5 seconds per day.

I know that the quality of Alpha Watches can said to be variable, but this example at least appears to be very good. I wish that I had taken the Watch out of my watch box earlier, as I am really enjoying wearing it.

So to me this is a lot of Watch for a really low cost, how long it will last is anyone's guess?

GQ1

are the Alpha Seamaster Pro and the Seamaster Pro Chrono same size watches? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by GQ1 View Post
    are the Alpha Seamaster Pro and the Seamaster Pro Chrono same size watches? Thanks.
    As I don't own the "regular" version, I couldn't say, but I'd say it's a tiny bit bigger than my Speedmaster Pro (42mm) could it be 43mm ?

a bit bigger than the PO too

but it may be just an impression... they're really close.
    My YouTube channel | My ImageShack gallery

MY COLLECTION :
    Swiss : FAVRE LEUBA | FORTIS | GIRARD-PERREGAUX | JAQUET+GIRARD | LONGINES | OMEGA | TISSOT | TITUS | ZENITH
    Japanese : CASIO | CITIZEN | ORIENT | SEIKO
    Russian : POLJOT | RAKETA | SLAVA | STURMANSKIE | VOSTOK | VOSTOK EUROPE | ZVEZDA
    French : AVYSTYLE | HERMA | LIP | YEMA | YONGER & BRESSON
    German : AEROMATIC | GLASHÜTTE | TAUCHMEISTER
    Chinese : ALPHA | ARMIDA | BEIJING | FINËAT | JARAGAR | KASSAW | OHSEN | PARNIS | SANGDO | SEKARO | SMAEL | STEWAL | WINNER

Nice watch for the money but the diver extention is really a pain. It never closes perfectly so its really difficult to close the bracelet clasp. Compaired to the real deal (Omega Seamaster pro chrono), the diver extentin has a beveled edge that uses as a lever to make sure the clasp is perfectly closed.

Second flaw: The screw down crown is really really hard to screw down, and mine got stripped and is now impossible to screw down. It makes the watch almost no Water resistance and a ugly look.
    Nixon Player Antique Gold
    http://ca.nixonnow.com/watches/mens/...ayer-A140.html
    Japanese Quartz movement

Orient Sporty Automatic CFT0001B
    http://www.orient-watch.com/product/...cft00001b.html
    Japanese Automatic in-house 46R40
    calibre

Alpha "Seamaster Pro Chrono 300m Homage"
    http://www.alpha-watch.com/details.php?myid=110
    Chinese Automatic ST19 21 jewel movement

Omega "Seamaster Planet Ocean XL 2200.50.00"
    http://www.omegawatches.com/index.ph...s=9&no_cache=1
    Swiss Made self-winding Co-Axial caliber 2500

I know this thread is old I just wanted to ask if any owners of the alpha multifunction can provide an update after a couple years of ownership.

Does anyone know what movement is used in this watch?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by rdandy5875 View Post
    I know this thread is old I just wanted to ask if any owners of the alpha multifunction can provide an update after a couple years of ownership.

Does anyone know what movement is used in this watch?

Thanks.
    Hi, rdandy

Mine is still running strong

I recently discovered the half-links on the bracelet, a VERY convenient item

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f72/hal...ml#post4079923

I never opened it so I can't say what's inside… the ubiquitous ST-16 I reckon
    My YouTube channel | My ImageShack gallery

MY COLLECTION :
    Swiss : FAVRE LEUBA | FORTIS | GIRARD-PERREGAUX | JAQUET+GIRARD | LONGINES | OMEGA | TISSOT | TITUS | ZENITH
    Japanese : CASIO | CITIZEN | ORIENT | SEIKO
    Russian : POLJOT | RAKETA | SLAVA | STURMANSKIE | VOSTOK | VOSTOK EUROPE | ZVEZDA
    French : AVYSTYLE | HERMA | LIP | YEMA | YONGER & BRESSON
    German : AEROMATIC | GLASHÜTTE | TAUCHMEISTER
    Chinese : ALPHA | ARMIDA | BEIJING | FINËAT | JARAGAR | KASSAW | OHSEN | PARNIS | SANGDO | SEKARO | SMAEL | STEWAL | WINNER

Thread Information