Alpha Submariner Black on Black

Thread: Alpha Submariner Black on Black

Alpha Submariner Black on Black

Just received mine. I figure the forum doesn't need more posts about arguably one of the most popular watches from Alpha but I can't resist putting up the photos. The photos from Alpha just don't do the watch justice.

Re: Alpha Submariner Black on Black

Very nice pic. You're right, the Alpha webmaster needs a better camera. These watches are real nice for their price. How's the accuracy on yours, btw? I have the one with the green bezel. Gonna ditch the OEM bracelet in favor of a Martac Elite. In my opinion, the place Alpha tried to save the most money was on the bracelet. Still and all, the watch is an incredible bargain. Wear it in good health.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
    Very nice pic. You're right, the Alpha webmaster needs a better camera. These watches are real nice for their price. How's the accuracy on yours, btw? I have the one with the green bezel. Gonna ditch the OEM bracelet in favor of a Martac Elite. In my opinion, the place Alpha tried to save the most money was on the bracelet. Still and all, the watch is an incredible bargain. Wear it in good health.
    I've yet to seriously time it, but I notice it's about 2 seconds fast over the afternoon (about 6 hours). So maybe 8 seconds a day so far.

You're right, the bracelet is a tad cheap, especially the deployment buckle. Compared to the heftiness of the watch itself, it's a bit disappointing. However, it's still pretty good considering the price; nice polished ends on the solid links!

Compared to my other Chinese watch, a Seagull 1963 re-issue, I can definitely tell the Alpha is a step down in terms of quality. Of course, this is more of a testament to Seagull's quality than a negative for Alpha.

Looking forward to more Alphas. Maybe I'll pick up the triple retrograde, or the funky one with hygrometer and thermometer. The addiction has begun!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

That´s a great picture, if only Alpha could do a "patina" dial even I would break my save rule...

Liked my Alpha too back when I still had it~cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by aron View Post
    Just received mine. I figure the forum doesn't need more posts about arguably one of the most popular watches from Alpha but I can't resist putting up the photos.

Wrong !! We want more pics of this excellent watch !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
    In my opinion, the place Alpha tried to save the most money was on the bracelet.
    One of my coworker owns the real deal… I was amazed to see the Rolex deployant clasp… it's not what I would expect of a >4000€ piece O_o
    Well, let's put it that way : Alpha did an amazing job with its bracelet

My YouTube channel | My ImageShack gallery

MY COLLECTION :
    Swiss : FAVRE LEUBA | FORTIS | GIRARD-PERREGAUX | JAQUET+GIRARD | LONGINES | OMEGA | TISSOT | TITUS | ZENITH
    Japanese : CASIO | CITIZEN | ORIENT | SEIKO
    Russian : POLJOT | RAKETA | SLAVA | STURMANSKIE | VOSTOK | VOSTOK EUROPE | ZVEZDA
    French : AVYSTYLE | HERMA | LIP | YEMA | YONGER & BRESSON
    German : AEROMATIC | GLASHÜTTE | TAUCHMEISTER
    Chinese : ALPHA | ARMIDA | BEIJING | FINËAT | JARAGAR | KASSAW | OHSEN | PARNIS | SANGDO | SEKARO | SMAEL | STEWAL | WINNER

Thread Information