Any good quality, large, fairly heavy Chinese mechanical pocket watches??

Thread: Any good quality, large, fairly heavy Chinese mechanical pocket watches??

Any good quality, large, fairly heavy Chinese mechanical pocket watches??

Just wondering if there are any Chinese makes which are relatively heavy.
    Using Tapatalk

Re: Any good quality, large, fairly heavy Chinese mechanical pocket watches??

Well Gotham watch co ( not vintage Gotham) makes mechanical pocket watches. They use the tongji and the eta clone movements. The results you get with these movements depends largely on QC, and they have proven reliable and accurate from this company. They have brass w/ chrome cases so they have an OK weight to them. What sets them apart from the other cheapo watches is they have cool dials. They don't look cheesy. Charles Hubert is OK but this company isn't pumping out as many as Hubert ... Again QC. Also they have a railway classic line that has a few nice railway style dials, using sweep second and small second sub dial. I personally collect railroad watches and these seem to fill the ever deepening hole in my soul when I must get a new watch. I prefer the chrome " silver tone" Charles Hubert has a couple railroad style watches but they cost too much for what your buying.

Thread Information