My first post-Jaragar automatic pictures

Thread: My first post-Jaragar automatic pictures

My first post-Jaragar automatic pictures

Greetings.This will be my first post here.Enjoy.

The accuracy is good.My only real complaint (or question, actually) is what in the world the 3 o'clock dial does.You can set it from the lower right button (the needle jumps in increments of five when set, like it is designated for stopwatch purposes) but seems to have no real function.All the other complications work properly.Ideas anyone ?

Re: My first post-Jaragar automatic pictures

Quote Originally Posted by artaxerxes View Post
    Greetings.This will be my first post here.Enjoy.

The accuracy is good.My only real complaint (or question, actually) is what in the world the 3 o'clock dial does.You can set it from the lower right button (the needle jumps in increments of five when set, like it is designated for stopwatch purposes) but seems to have no real function.All the other complications work properly.Ideas anyone ?
    First of all, welcome to WUS artaxerxes

I initially thought the subdial @ 3h was the date (31 days) but re-reading your post, I realize the increment of 5 disqualifies it for this function… weird.
    It's the first time I come across something similar

The subdial @ 9h is the day (Monday=1, Tuesday=2…)
    My YouTube channel | My ImageShack gallery

MY COLLECTION :
    Swiss : FAVRE LEUBA | FORTIS | GIRARD-PERREGAUX | JAQUET+GIRARD | LONGINES | OMEGA | TISSOT | TITUS | ZENITH
    Japanese : CASIO | CITIZEN | ORIENT | SEIKO
    Russian : POLJOT | RAKETA | SLAVA | STURMANSKIE | VOSTOK | VOSTOK EUROPE | ZVEZDA
    French : AVYSTYLE | HERMA | LIP | YEMA | YONGER & BRESSON
    German : AEROMATIC | GLASHÜTTE | TAUCHMEISTER
    Chinese : ALPHA | ARMIDA | BEIJING | FINËAT | JARAGAR | KASSAW | OHSEN | PARNIS | SANGDO | SEKARO | SMAEL | STEWAL | WINNER

Thank you. You may not be able to see it but the 3h subdial runs in increments of 5 until 60 (Edit :wrong-I didn't look properly-there are 31 divisions like you said). Besides, the date window is placed at 12 (older pictures, that's why the date is offset). And you are right-the subdial at 9 shows the weekday, that was easy to figure out. Maybe I'll post a video on youtube to find out.
    Last edited by artaxerxes; October 24th, 2011 at 07:42.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Lightbulb Re: My first post-Jaragar automatic pictures

Edit :wrong-I didn't look properly-there are 31 divisions like you said). Besides, the date window is placed at 12 (older pictures, that's why the date is offset)
    Mystery solved ! So, there is a dual-date on this watch ! (big date @ 12h, and this subdial @ 3h)

MY COLLECTION :
    Swiss : FAVRE LEUBA | FORTIS | GIRARD-PERREGAUX | JAQUET+GIRARD | LONGINES | OMEGA | TISSOT | TITUS | ZENITH
    Russian : POLJOT | RAKETA | SLAVA | STURMANSKIE | VOSTOK | VOSTOK EUROPE | ZVEZDA
    Chinese : ALPHA | ARMIDA | BEIJING | FINËAT | JARAGAR | KASSAW | OHSEN | PARNIS | SANGDO | SEKARO | SMAEL | STEWAL | WINNER

That may be, but the hand on the subdial doesn't move at all, except when you set it (when you press the button).Then it just sits in the position you assigned it to until you set it again (even after more than a few days).Weirdest function I've ever seen.Oh well...whatever.I'm thinking of changing the strap tomorrow.I'll go to a watch shop to see what I find.
    It's also worth noting that the sliding tachymeter also works but it's not very precise.
    Question : how is the power reserve on your watches from this brand?I have to wind this one or wear it every day or otherwise the next day one can see it's stopped.From what I've read a good automatic has a 40 hour power reserve and this one (although it has good accuracy) has a much lower power reserve.
    Last edited by artaxerxes; October 24th, 2011 at 19:27.

That may be, but the hand on the subdial doesn't move at all, except when you set it (when you press the button).Then it just sits in the position you assigned it to until you set it again (even after more than a few days).Weirdest function I've ever seen.Oh well...whatever.I'm thinking of changing the strap tomorrow.I'll go to a watch shop to see what I find.
    It's also worth noting that the sliding tachymeter also works but it's not very precise.
    Question : how is the power reserve on your watches from this brand?I have to wind this one or wear it every day or otherwise the next day one can see it's stopped.From what I've read a good automatic has a 40 hour power reserve and this one (although it has good accuracy) has a much lower power reserve.
    Both the Santos 100 & the Monaco24 have excellent power reserve (>40h)…

The trick with these cheap autos is to manually wind them first time you wear them (I usually wind them 20~25 times).
    Then they're good to go til you let them rest.

MY COLLECTION :

Thread Information