Seagull 1963

Thread: Seagull 1963

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Seagull 1963

Got my macro tubes, figure I'd post a more complete set of photos of my Seagull 1963. Sorry for the noisy photos; I had to do these shots hand held which necessitated a higher ISO!

Re: Seagull 1963

great dial shot showing the blue hands! downloaded it if you don't mind! I have the regular back version coming!

Not at all; my pleasure. Let me know if you want it in higher res :)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

wow! this is a masterpiece and your closups are wonderful!

Is this model still available for purchase - If positive, where if I may ask?

Great catch that is one beatiful watch. I purchased one about a week ago and I am waiting for it to be delivered. I will be upgrading the strap with something more dressy.

Handheld? WOW! Aron, 336gabriel and all you other Seagull 1963 owners, I think I shan't talk to any of you in a fit of jealous rage!!!
    Citizen 7 NH6400-53BB
    G-Shock GT-2000-5VMER
    G-Shock G-5600-1JF
    G-Shock G-6900-1D
    Omega Semaster F300 Electronic ST 398.0806 (Not working. One day though!)
    Seiko Sportura 7T32-6B00
    Seiko 5 SNK809K2
    Shanghai Watch Factory Shanghai Standard ZSH

Vostok 3aka3 Tank Komandirskie

Just got mine today! I changed the strap with a Seiko leather strap and a really nice Stowa deployant. One question Aron, I noticed yours says 19 zuan on the dial while mine says 21 zuan. I believe that zuan stands for jewels, but why the difference? Shouldn't they have the same movement? Just curious.

Last edited by 336gabriel; July 25th, 2009 at 17:07.

Quote Originally Posted by 336gabriel View Post
    One question Aron, I noticed yours says 19 zuan on the dial while mine says 21 zuan. I believe that zuan stands for jewels, but why the difference? Shouldn't they have the same movement? Just curious.
    I did some research on this subject before I got mine; here's an interesting thread on the subject https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?p=1343987. Interestingly, the watch actually has 21 jewels, but the non-display back version says 19 zuan for, presumably, nostalgic reasons.

The jewels have been counted! With great thanks to Stef Loeff who patiently dismantled the complete movement and counted and double counted the number of jewels.

The 19 zuan and 21 zuan versions both contain the same movement. However, the actual number of jewels is 21. As someone suggested in an earlier reply the 19 zuan was probably mentioned for nostalgic reasons.

As you might or might not know, Stef mentioned that the original movement was based on a Venus movement (probably Venus 175). The Swiss movement manufacturer sold some old machinery to China in the late 50's/early 60's. They probably cloned the movement and might have made some minor changes to it.

It's hard to determine which jewels have been added, since we have no original 60's movement to compare it with. The Incablock-like part might have been added to the movement in later years, but that's not for sure.

Got my 1963 since I saw yours and love it. Mine is the solid back version from cnmark. He kindly included the black leather strap, so here is the photo...simply gorgeous watch!
    I have the Alpha Sub too but never wear it hehehe....

Hi All,
    Where can i buy this one ? any ebaysellers ?

Thanks in advance.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information