REVIEW BLACK OMEGA SEAMASTER PRO CO-AXIAL [SMP 212.30.41.20.01.003] - Page 4
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: REVIEW BLACK OMEGA SEAMASTER PRO CO-AXIAL [SMP 212.30.41.20.01.003]

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: REVIEW BLACK OMEGA SEAMASTER PRO CO-AXIAL [SMP 212.30.41.20.01.003]

Whoa, those pictures are clear! even the lume shot is amazing, I love the watch and actually just bought the blue version from another fellow Watchuseek member today!, i am super excited and love your review. This helps me reassure my purchase!

Nice review with awesome photography! Well done.

I ordered this watch just this morning... can't wait for it to arrive!
    ------------
    Some Rolexes, an Omega and a Rado

Quote Originally Posted by Engeladam409 View Post
    Attachment 1171825

I recently purchased an Omega Seamster Professional plain black divers watch.
    After a month of owning it I have decided to photograph certain features and write an in depth review.
    This watch is a COSC certified co-axial chronometer.

DIAL

The black of the dial is very deep and glossy and captures the eye. The black manages to bring out a subtle element of ‘creaminess’ in the white indicators and hands. This is something that is a little less obvious in the blue edition of this watch.
    An advantage of the black is that it is a little more versatile than the blue, however, it loses the wow factor that might be found in the blue. Not many watches can pull off blue like the Seamaster does.
    Being black, keeping it clean can be a nuisance. Although, if you’re obsessive like me, you won’t mind constant polishing, because the outcome is truly sexy.
    The text on the dial is very compact and very sharp. Not a letter is out of place, and the red in the italic font of the word “Seamaster” complements the surrounding black very nicely.
    The word “OMEGA” accompanied by the trademark Omega symbol is equally as impressive as it has been noticeably raised and rhodium plated (just like the hands to be discussed later), giving it a very sharp metallic glimmer. The “OMEGA” text logo is “applied”, a change from the previous wave dial. The date background has also been changed from white to black, with raised silver numerals.

HANDS
    When first considering the Seamaster, the idea of skeleton hands was a scary one. One that initially seemed pretentious and futile. However, it wasn’t long after inspecting the piece that I realized that I didn’t hate the hands, I was in love with them. They weren’t useless at all. They appear solid and have such a strong influence on the watches overall appearance, yet manage to barely detract from the face. Although the glossy backdrop gleams through the middle of the hands, it is impossible to lose sight of the rhodium plated and creamy white outline of each hand.
    The ‘seconds’ hand is perfect and simple. It is rather long and features a small circular indicator at its end preceded by a final red line that reaches just short of the outer edge of the dial. The red draws the eye and shares a pleasant relationship with the slightly deeper red seen in the “Seamaster” text on the face.

CERAMIC BEZEL

Attachment 1171828

The ceramic bezel provides a subtle change in the tone of black from the dial, and is more like a very deep shade of grey. I quite like this, to me it makes the bezel look harder, which is good as it is in fact a harder material than the previous stainless steel bezels.
    The bezel indicators are very precise. However, unlike the Planet Ocean, where the indices are metal injected, the Seamaster indices are painted onto the bezel. This means that there is a chance that the paint can be scratched off if care is not taken.
    The bezel is of course rotatable and unidirectional for divers safety. It has 120 positions or two very precise clicks per minute marker.
    The outer edge of the bezel is carefully scolloped and is brush finished. I like this feature and I believe it is imperative to the watches overall look. However, the smoothness of the scolloping means that more force has to be used to maintain grip when twisting the bezel.

Attachment 1171835

CROWN

Attachment 1171831

The crown is a screw down and has been very carefully machined and polished and appears very elegant. It blends in with the surrounding crown guard and becomes a vital piece of the watches physique. The crowns general function is standard.

BAND

Attachment 1171832

Of all the watches I’ve worn, this is certainly the most comfortable. This is all thanks to the seamaster’s unique bracelet. Each link is machine finished and has smooth curves that sits very comfortably on the wrist. There is adequate clearance between each link which ensures no pinching and grabbing of hairs.
    The precise machined finish of each link means that care must be taken to not excessively scratch the band, but minor scratching is ultimately inevitable and barely detracts from the watch.

CLASP

The Seamaster features a simple, effective and very solid clasp. Unlike an old rolex clasp, which was made out of stamped metal, the Seamaster’s clasp is a solid metal design.
    The locking pin too, is very simple and strong and clicks in without fail.
    Adjacent to the clasp is a simple diver’s extension, allowing for increased band radius in order for the watch to fit over a wetsuit.

LUME

Attachment 1171833

As a dive watch, luminosity is a particularly important feature, and the seamaster wants to make this known with its multicolored extra bright and extra long glowing Super-Luminova lume.
    The indicators, hour hand and second hand glow a deep aqua, whilst the minute hand and bezel indicator glows a powerful green, providing great legibility at night between hour hand and minute hand.

CONCLUSION

In my opinion, the Omega Seamaster Professional is a near flawless watch.
    Every feature of this watch seems too be in perfect harmony with surrounding features, making for a very natural looking sports watch.
    I have no regrets in my purchase and expect to get many years of time keeping pleasure out of it.

Attachment 1171834
    Excellent review and a gorgeous Omega.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Nice post

CGP

Those pictures are STUNNING. What camera or set-up are you using?

Omega 2220.80.00 (sold)

Omega 212.30.44.52.03.001 (sold)
    Tudor Black Bay Dark 79230DK

I second that. I know it's an old post but I just stumbled across it browsing through the forum. These are some of the best pictures I've seen. Let us know camera set-up details!
    Quote Originally Posted by CGP View Post
    Those pictures are STUNNING. What camera or set-up are you using?
    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Rooboy123 likes this.

With the new 2018 versions coming out, I've found deals on these brand new. Would $2500 be a reasonable price brand new? Great review.

Quote Originally Posted by Dec1968 View Post
    With the new 2018 versions coming out, I've found deals on these brand new. Would $2500 be a reasonable price brand new? Great review.
    If you are contemplating on getting a new one, I would strongly suggest considering buying from an AD. I bought mine from an AD in Feb.2017 and I had to send it back as it was progressively loosing time. They serviced it under warranty and it's perfectly fine now however, had I not bought it from an AD, (1) I would have paid to my neck and (2) Omega would have not serviced it. Omega and Rolex are notorious about refusing to touch their respective grey-market watches (although we all know it's just a dirty game). If you don't happen to know a trusted, reputable watchmaker you risk your investment. I'm not a watchmaker but from my researches I understand that the co-axial movement may be challenging to service. That of course applies to any subsequent regular services the watch will need over time.
    With the new 2018 being just launched you may not have much room to negotiate, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try. I negotiated mine heavily and I got it at about 77% of Omega MSRP (tax included). By the way, visit Omega's website, they display the MSRP. That would answer your question.

Excellent review and the pictures make it even easier to follow. Enjoy it.

Adam Engel, you don't happen to play for the White Sox do you? Your defense in center is amazing. Your hitting could use a little help.

Anyway, if I could afford one of these, it could easily be the only watch I own! Beautiful pictures!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information