Casio G-shock GB-6900B/1ER review

Thread: Casio G-shock GB-6900B/1ER review

Casio G-shock GB-6900B/1ER review

I expected to be very impressed with the GB-6900B/1ER and although the connectivity is clever, it didn't feel like a £160 watch to me. If anything, my GWX-8900 feels like a more expensive model and the constant buzzing (I get a lot of emails) started to annoy me. That is obviously not a fault of Casio, but it did make me think that maybe a connected watch will not be a good idea for everyone no matter how enticing the technology sounds. I just feel that the watch is a bit bland for a G-shock at this price.

My full review is here- Casio G-shock GB-6900B/1ER review

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Re: Casio G-shock GB-6900B/1ER review

From your review:

The 6900B is pretty bad at keeping time and some testing showed that it can lose almost a minute in a 12 hour period without being corrected by the app. That is very poor, but sadly not uncommon with G-shocks.
    I presume this is a typo because I certainly never have seen a G (nor any other quartz watch for that matter) that loses one minute within twelve hours. Even for a mechanical watch this would be piss-poor, so I guess you meant it loses one second within twelve hours?

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

It was indeed losing that much, but on further investigation it had other problems such as a flickering display and often having no display at all until a button was pressed multiple times throughout the day. I have updated the review to explain that this particular model was likely broken and thus potentially causing the time keeping issue.

However, the two previous G-shocks I had before the GWX-8900 would lose time quite regularly. Not a minutes in 12 hours, but it was noticeable by the end of the week, hence my move to the 8900. I love G-shocks with a passion, but the 6900B didn't feel like a G-shock to me, if that makes sense. It was missing that special something that makes them what they are.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Yeah, I think too much technique isn't sometimes the best thing for something that is meant to be rugged and easy to operate first and foremost...

Interesting that you had two G's losing time than rather to gain it. Out of the 40-50 G's I had to date, only one (G-7800) lost about 1-2 seconds per week, all the others usually gain that value, some are even spot on after a month (if worn constantly).

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

Nope, always lost time for me, but it was only 2 watches. Will be buying a GW-3000M-4AER (can't resist) so expecting much better things from that one:)

Thread Information