Casio Giez GS-1300B Review lots of pics
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Casio Giez GS-1300B Review lots of pics

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Casio Giez GS-1300B Review lots of pics

Hi,

Received a Giez GS-1300B earlier this week and thought i'd share some pics and my impressions thus far.

Firstly it is the most expensive G i have purchased at £320 in the UK. Has a quality feel to it out the box as it has some weight to it, a bit disappointed it came in a bog standard G-Shock tin at that premium price!

I was warned by other posters on here that they come up smaller especially if you are used to bigger G's. I can confirm this is the case but it still has enough size to make a presence when you put it on. Also has a Rubber strap over the normal Resin, the rubber feels softer and is very comfortable, again i wouldn't have minded a wider bulkier strap.

I found it easy to set up but then I did read the MANUAL!!! It achieved a manual sync on the first attempt and has synced both nights i have had it without a problem. You can check it has synced but you don't get an exact time like you do on a digital, just a Yes/No.

No doubt the Giez / Analogue G's are an enquired taste as you can't just pick it up like a Digital model and press buttons and work things out, do you need to read up! I like the slight quirky modes of spinning dials and motors but accept that wouldn't be for everyone. It doesn't have that instantness of a digital in certain modes.

However you can start the Stopwatch / Countdown timer both 24hrs while the dials are getting into position they just catch up once they have set themselves up so you don't have to wait for them to get into position.

One interesting feature with the countdown timer once it ends and beeps it then automatically starts counting back up as in it becomes a stopwatch, i wondered what it was doing but it is a built in feature that i guess if you have set a countdown for say sport or a deadline and you go over that deadline you'll know by how much as it will show you how long since the countdown timer ended!! This can be cancelled easily though by stopping and pressing the reset button. I've not seen this before though, i like it.

Changing or swapping your home city and your world time is dead easy too if you travel a lot, you simply press the B button (top right) in the WT mode until you hear a beep and your world time becomes your home city and your previous home time now the world time selection.

One alarm only easy to set and a decent volume well it would wake me up anyway!

No back light but the lume is pretty good not in the traser / Nite league but adequate.

All in all very nice, expensive if i'm honest when compared to a digital alternative but you are paying for all those motors, build quality and slightly more sophisticated look, you could easily wear this with a suit over say a King GX-56!!!

Comparison with Omega

Lume

Cheers
    James_ likes this.

Re: Casio Giez GS-1300B Review lots of pics

Congrats - it is a great watch! Excellent review - and I pretty much agree with your sentiments. It is expensive but it is made with an excellent build quality with an high levels of detail, and certainly is a G that can be "dressed up" while still being a G-shock. Enjoy!

BTW - can't see your pics.

Cheers.

Do the pics show up now??

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I googled this to see it too-fantastic! So nice to see them making really permanent, classic pieces like this. Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by dan98 View Post
    Cheers.

Do the pics show up now??
    Sure do - looks great!

Hadn't set the privacy settings up right!! Thanks for letting me know.

Cheers

Thanks for the review, and congrats on the watch! Some useful observations there, such as the world time swap, and not having to wait for the hands in timing modes.

For newbs to Casio analogues, does the current time remain shown with the main hands at all times, or do they get roped in to timing duties?
    The Search function on vBulletin forums isn't very smart. If you want to search for a complete string in the G-Shock forum, or for posts which include multiple words, use Google, and enter site:forums.watchuseek.com/f17 into the search box. Then use normal google syntax after that to enter your search.

Quote Originally Posted by Maine View Post
    Thanks for the review, and congrats on the watch! Some useful observations there, such as the world time swap, and not having to wait for the hands in timing modes.

For newbs to Casio analogues, does the current time remain shown with the main hands at all times, or do they get roped in to timing duties?
    Current time remains shown at all times with the exception of when you swap your world time to home time and vice versa.....Really just the 3 o'clock dial that does all the spinning when changing modes. The 6 o'clock dial is simply a 24hr pointer for your home time and the 9 o'clock dial is your mode pointer but does spin complete rotations for 30 sec's when you start the stopwatch which is pretty cool!!

A lovely watch but i stand by expensive!!!

Cheers

I have one of these watches and I am pleased with it.

It is a little smaller than the GW3000, but the GS1300 is more of a dress watch. The watch body is stainless steel with a synthetic composite bumper.

And yes this watch has many motors (I think it may be six) and the price reflects the value of the currency of the USA and Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by sidecross View Post
    I have one of these watches and I am pleased with it.

It is a little smaller than the GW3000, but the GS1300 is more of a dress watch. The watch body is stainless steel with a synthetic composite bumper.

And yes this watch has many motors (I think it may be six) and the price reflects the value of the currency of the USA and Europe.
    Yeh i would agree more dressy than your standard Digital G!

But even still I reckon this would stand up just as well to a battering and anything you could throw at it compared to a Digital G, equipped with Shock resistance and the Tough movement etc....Just that nagging feeling of crikey this cost me £AAA compared to £BBB and i don't want to get it dirty or scratch it....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information