This is my first review; any constructive feedback is appreciated. For the past two years I have been looking for my prefect lifetime watch. It had to do many things, including not stand out, be radio controlled, have three hands, be analog or combination (analog + digital), have solar and backlight. This is probably not my lifetime watch, but it is so cheap ($175 delivered) that I decided to buy it. I cannot believe that these do not get a lot of love on the forums. I have seen only one other review, but it was for the model with a white face.
Casio specs as follows (courtesy of Google Translate):
Bezel Case Material: Stainless steel metal band (stainless steel) The cut in the fold formula star Solid Band One push three
- Inorganic glass
- 5 ATM water resistant
- Tough Solar (solar charge system)
- (Up to 6 times / day) (China radio waves 5 times / day maximum) / manual reception automatic reception,: wave reception function
<Japan> reception electric wave: JJY, Frequency: 40kHz / 60kHz (Fukushima / both bureau in Kyushu model)
<North America region> reception electric wave: WWVB, Frequency: 60kHz
<European region> reception electric wave: MSF/DCF77, frequency: 60kHz / 77.5kHz
<China> reception electric wave: BPC, frequency: 68.5kHz
* If you set the city can receive home a set time, the receiving stations according to the city. The time difference is set by the selected city.
- Time display (29 time zones, daylight saving time setting function) + UTC (Coordinated Universal Time): 29 world cities world time
- (1/100 second, 60-minute) stopwatch
- Timer (a set unit: 1 minute, set up: 100 minutes, measured in seconds)
- Strikes five time alarm
- Battery indicator displays
- (And to save power and stop the needle to turn off the display after a certain time in the dark) Power saving function
- Full Auto Calendar
- Display switch 12/24 hour
- Beep ON / OFF switching function
- 3 pattern display switching (date, day of the week, second display, time display), multi-language day of the week notation (five languages: Japanese / English / German / Spanish / Chinese)
- LED light (with afterglow function)
- If the function is used driving time from solar power in the state without the full charge: For about four months the power saving state: about 22 months
JJY40 · JJY60 standard radio (city-functional receiver) / received signal Tokyo / Japan Home City
Standard radio WWVB (Honolulu), (Anchorage), Los Angeles, Denver, Chicago, New York / American
Standard radio wave MSF London, Paris, Athens / British standard radio wave DCF77 in Germany
Standard radio BPC of Hong Kong / China
※ There is the case of be received in good condition () in each city.
* If there is no radio reception is, I work (15 seconds per month difference ±) usually quartz accuracy.
- Size (H × W × D) / mass: 43.8 × 40 × 9.4mm/115.5g
I ordered through US Amazon on Feb 7. It estimated delivery between Mar 12 and Apr 2. What!?!?!? Did they wait for an order before they went out and mined the ore for the case? Did they ship via Yak through Somalia? That seemed like a *LONG* time. Fortunately, they did ship the watch within four days and it arrived at my house today, 11 days after the placing the order.
It sailed through customs and arrived today.
Packaging was very good, with the center box well protected and anchored to a piece of cardboard so that it did not rattle in the box.
Inside was the watch on the white pillow.
Once the watch was exposed to light, the hands started moving to the current time in UTC. Notice the Kanji symbol in the window. I needed to set the language of the watch.
Wrist shot with protective cover still installed.
Lume shots and backlight shots appear to be difficult. I hope to attempt those later tonight and post. Case and bracelet are made of solid stainless steel, with the reassuring heft to prove it. This watch is almost perfect, but for the price, it can afford to be very imperfect. What's not quite right about this watch?
- It feels just a little too small, a little too dainty
- The crystal is not sapphire
- It does not have automatic hand correction
- It is only water resistant to 50 meters
Let's be honest, those are small quibbles. The truth is that this is an amazing amount of watch for the money. Never replace a battery. Never worry about the time being incorrect. Never fumble for a light in the dark to see the time. This watch (almost) has it all. I am amazed that it doesn't get more attention.