One of the most interesting novelties, which appeared in May, 2016, is the Casio Pro Trek PRX-8163YT-1JR First Manaslu Ascent 60 th Anniversary Model.
The Manaslu mountain is one of the few peaks in the world having the height of more than 8,000
meters. A Japanese team consisting of Gyalzen Norbu and Toshio Imanishi were the first
mountain climbers to conquer the mountain in May, 1956. And it happened 60 years ago.
Casio could not miss such a significant event; and in May, 2016 the anniversary Casio Pro Trek
Manaslu PRX-8163YT- 1JR watch was offered to the market. The model is limited to 300 units
The Pro Trek series traditional green box became red in color.
A commemorative inscription could be seen inside the box.
The anniversary model differs from the production series in design, however, the mechanism
remains the same.
The model major specialty feature could be found on the special case back with the engraved
limited serial number and the embedded image of the big gold commemorative coin representing
the landmark event.
- Sapphire crystal with anti-glare.
- Improved data readability in poor weather conditions, excellent lum.
- Solar powered.
- World time in 29 cities, world time radio controlled.
- Triple Sensor Version 3: barometer, altimeter, thermometer and compass.
- Stopwatch, timer and alarm clocks.
- Entire functions and modes indication on the dial of the watch.
- Powerful LED backlight (also automatic when tilting an arm and looking at the watch).
- 100-meter water resistance, the crown is torqued.
- The bracelet clasp features a lock protecting from accidental pressing, 6 mm quick slide
adjustable bracelet is provided (in three steps).
- Watch dimensions: bezel diameter - 46 mm and 52 mm with all the ledges, thickness - 14
mm, weight - 140 g. The watch is massive, it is better to choose them, if your hand is
over 18 cm.
- DLC coated case and bracelet.
I would like to personally thank the Casio team for providing the overview of this perfect