Like Tree10Likes
  • 3 Post By NoleenELT
  • 2 Post By hi_beat
  • 1 Post By Dxnnis
  • 1 Post By Mistergmt
  • 1 Post By NoleenELT
  • 1 Post By sabot03196
  • 1 Post By NoleenELT

Thread: Does the Casioak Live up to the Hype? Casio G-Shock (GA2110SU-3A) Review

Does the Casioak Live up to the Hype? Casio G-Shock (GA2110SU-3A) Review

I posted this review to watchcharts.com:
    https://watchcharts.com/articles/p/605/does-the-casioak-live-up-to-the-hype-casio-g-shock-ga2110su-3a-review

Please let me know what you think here or in the article comments. Thanks!
    Name:  ODP_4530-1024x659.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  73.0 KB
    hi_beat, WES51 and NC_Hager626 like this.

Re: Does the Casioak Live up to the Hype? Casio G-Shock (GA2110SU-3A) Review

Very nice review with helpful information, insightful comments, and great photos. I was one of the many waiting to purchase this watch; I finally found an all-black one for a semi-reasonable price and I love it. As your review states, the lume is weak and the legibility is poor on this version, but I knew what I was getting into there. I love the slim case, the light weight, and the understated-for-a-gshock styling. It's not a good "only" watch, but for me it does live up to the hype. I think it's destined to join the other classic G-shock models, and for fans of the brand it is a must-have (when you can get one at normal retail).
    NoleenELT and WES51 like this.

Nice review
    NoleenELT likes this.
    Dennis

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I wanted one the black with white hands but got so tired of waiting for one I bought a DW5600 instead. Great article seems like a great watch
    NoleenELT likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hi_beat View Post
    Very nice review with helpful information, insightful comments, and great photos. I was one of the many waiting to purchase this watch; I finally found an all-black one for a semi-reasonable price and I love it. As your review states, the lume is weak and the legibility is poor on this version, but I knew what I was getting into there. I love the slim case, the light weight, and the understated-for-a-gshock styling. It's not a good "only" watch, but for me it does live up to the hype. I think it's destined to join the other classic G-shock models, and for fans of the brand it is a must-have (when you can get one at normal retail).
    Thanks! I agree, it's not an only watch, but it is one of the better entry-level Gs out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistergmt View Post
    I wanted one the black with white hands but got so tired of waiting for one I bought a DW5600 instead. Great article seems like a great watch
    I would recommend to pick one up when they come back down in price.

I have not owned a 5600, but it's on my list!

Thanks for the review and pics for it provided a great refresher on the Casioak Your lume shots do highlight one negative feature of the Casioak and that is the negative digital display being hard to read in the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Hager626 View Post
    Thanks for the review and pics for it provided a great refresher on the Casioak Your lume shots do highlight one negative feature of the Casioak and that is the negative digital display being hard to read in the dark.
    Thanks!

Yes, it is a bit hard to read in the day, and at night. But when you hit the backlight it is easy to read.

A positive display would be easier to read, but since I don't use it much, I prefer the cleaner look of the negative display.
    NC_Hager626 likes this.

I was able to pick up one of the all black versions from a web site in the Netherlands around the beginning of January at regular MSRP. When I was in Amsterdam in March, there were more than a few of each version including the newer O.D. Green and HiViz versions for sale in the G-Shock displays. I almost sprang for an O.D. Green version like yours.
    NoleenELT likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sabot03196 View Post
    I was able to pick up one of the all black versions from a web site in the Netherlands around the beginning of January at regular MSRP. When I was in Amsterdam in March, there were more than a few of each version including the newer O.D. Green and HiViz versions for sale in the G-Shock displays. I almost sprang for an O.D. Green version like yours.
    That's awesome! I would like to pick up some of the other colors once they become more available.
    sabot03196 likes this.

Thread Information