Double unboxing! Anniversary editions: GW-M5630D-1 + GW-9330B-1JR

Thread: Double unboxing! Anniversary editions: GW-M5630D-1 + GW-9330B-1JR

Smile Double unboxing! Anniversary editions: GW-M5630D-1 + GW-9330B-1JR

Hi all!

As a sometime forum lurker, somebody who has really enjoyed many of the posts on this forum, I thought I would share my two latest purchases :)

I had to wait quite a while for these two bad boys... the anticipation was pretty high when I got back from a long trip to the UK to find these two waiting for me.

I got one from eBay, a Canadian seller who shipped to my Singapore address. The other, straight from Japan - from Shopping in Japan. Both sellers highly recommended:

mcheong8 -- mcheong8 on eBay
    Shopping In Japan .NET | Shopping-In-Japan at eBay

GW-M5630D-1

I had bought a GW2310-FB1 from Amazon a few weeks before and it had been delivered to me in the UK. I overpaid for that one to be honest, and I was a bit disappointed in particular with the strap -- just too small to wear comfortably. But that's another story: will try and mod that watch with some custom straps. So all in all, I was a bit worried about these two anniversary purchases. Didn't want any repeat of the issues with the 2310. Turns out, I didn't need to have been so worried these two 30th anniversary watches are clearly made to a different standard to the regular ones.

I picked box at random, and opened it up. Please excuse the very amateur shots here; I opened up the small one first, not sure which watch was in each box...

Attachment 1542518Attachment 1542521Attachment 1542528Attachment 1542529Attachment 1542530

Attachment 1542531Attachment 1542532Attachment 1542533Attachment 1542535Attachment 1542536

Wow, I was not disappointed at all with this watch. I opened it up before going to bed, and it was pretty dark, but I could see right away that it was such a step up from my regular 5600 square. I couldn't make out all the details of the gold colouring, but I went to sleep very happy, albeit with a tiny bit of residual disappointment that the side case screws didn't look gold... but when I woke up and looked at it properly under natural light I was very happy to see that they are indeed gold, to match the strap buckle, the display and of course the case back. No detail missed on this watch by the designer: very, very nice.

As for putting it on, well, I sure didn't need to worry about the strap. I was blown away: hands-down the most comfortable g shock strap I have ever worn. The inside of the strap is extremely soft and smooth, very different to the normal resin bands on most g shocks. Similarly, the engraving on the case back feels much more detailed and precise than on my other g shocks and the gold colour on the back is really very beautiful.

When it first came out of the box, it was in full powersaving mode, no juice at all. I guess it must have been boxed up for quite a long time. I left it overnight with my bedside nightlight pointing directly at it. I normally don't like any light around me when I sleep, but in this case was happy to make an exception

All in all, a really beautiful piece. Met and exceeded my expectations.

GW-9330B-1JR

I waited a day or two after opening the 5630 before opening the 9330B. This one had come from Japan and was very well packaged. Same tin and box as the 5630, but that's where the similarities ended. Immediate impressions on handling this watch are that it is quite a bit lighter than its size would make you think. It's also noticeably smaller than my white and black 8900. I was expecting it to be similar in size, but it feels much more compact. This is my first Mudman, so was nice to see it in the flesh for the first time.

The strap has really cool writing on the inside: "G shock protection" on one side and "shock resist" on the other -- you can only see it under certain light, don't think it comes out too well on the photos, but again the strap is very, very comfortable. The clasp is very nice, with the 3 stars and "since 1983" engraving.

It's a really, really comfortable watch to wear, maybe more so even than the 5630, even though it's bigger: it's rapidly becoming a day to day favourite. Under natural lighting, the blue accents really come out. What probably can't capture very well in the photos is the subtlety of these highlights. A beautiful watch, very happy.

Name:  IMG_2014 (Large).JPG
Views: 1141
Size:  167.2 KBName:  IMG_2015 (Large).JPG
Views: 1120
Size:  101.7 KBName:  IMG_2017 (Large).JPG
Views: 1110
Size:  138.7 KBName:  IMG_2019 (Large).JPG
Views: 1105
Size:  169.5 KB

Hope this helps somebody, enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Dominic Morris; June 27th, 2014 at 10:34.

Re: Double unboxing! Anniversary editions: GW-M5630D-1 + GW-9330B-1JR

Congrats. I've been looking for a GW-9330B...there aren't many of them. Great find. Hopefully you can polish up those photography skills and show us some better pics.

Quote Originally Posted by CivicRydr View Post
    Congrats. I've been looking for a GW-9330B...there aren't many of them. Great find. Hopefully you can polish up those photography skills and show us some better pics.
    LOL :) yes, sorry for the bad pics, also i couldn't find a way to embed them in the post like everybody else seems to be able to do.

If you're still after the 9330B, these guys are still listing it: Casio Mudman GW-9330B-1JR Initial Blue Limited - Shopping In Japan .NET

BUT -- the price has gone UP in the couple of weeks since I bought mine :(

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yikes! I'd pay $500...maybe $550, but $800+ is too rich for a mudman with some pretty colors and carbon strap.

Congrats!
    If you don't think every day is a good day, just try missing one. ~Cavett Robert

Great write up! Love the carbon weave on it.
    -Steinhart Ocean 1 (green) [arrived 03/31/16]

-Orient Mako "Pepsi" Edition

-Casio G Shock Mudman/Mudman 3031 Ed

Thread Information