GA-150
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Chrisek
  • 1 Post By kore

Thread: GA-150

GA-150

This was one of the earlier G-Shocks I purchased and largely due to Maine's "mini review" which I enjoyed immensely and I still find the photos fantastic. Instead of trying to compete, I'd rather give credit where credit is due and sound off what I like about the watch and why. Starting off, I just like the cleanliness of it. This is a case where the negative displays help "hide" that info instead of distracting you from where the hands are. Take a look:

Name:  P1000224.JPG
Views: 6756
Size:  467.6 KB

So let's get on with what this watch is not: If you need stopwatch(es), count down timer(s), or any of ABC functions, heck even readily readable world time (I use this feature a lot on all my watches actually) then this is not "the one".
    To me this watch is just easy on the eyes. After spending a couple days bouncing between full-featured watches it is just nice to wear. You can see the time and there is nothing else to distract you. If you want to see the functions in the digital areas, well you're gonna have to look at them. Singly, this is my favorite feature of the watch, and the fact it is still a G-Shock and everything it implies.
    Other things I like about the watch (and it shares with the XL family) are buttons. I like bigger buttons. I really like mudman style buttons. For this watch I feel these work great. I don't hit them on accident, but don't have to focus as hard on using them as other watches. Modes change smoothly and predictably. Here:

Name:  P1000225.JPG
Views: 4205
Size:  467.7 KB

That's really all I have to say about the watch. Casio has since come out with a few other colors that are just wild. What I'll say is this: if any one of them draw you, there is not other watch like them. Try the watch out and I think you'll enjoy it. Lume? Not worth writing home about. Light? Even worse. This isn't a watch to bet your life on, it's a watch to help when you just need the time. The caseback:

Name:  P1000226.JPG
Views: 2102
Size:  431.2 KB

And seriously, look at Maine's thread if you want to see some great photos of it. Enjoy.
    xevious and laahollywood like this.
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

Re: GA-150

Time to update this thread with some Tanaka videos!

First a little catch up.

Wave 1 was the GA-150-1 representing all by itself. Black with black face, white marks, simple and classy.

Wave 2 consisted of three metallic colors. The infamous blue GA-150-2 kind of led this wave. The GA-150-4 which is Orange or maybe red depending on the light and the Green GA-150A-3 have also turned out to be popular. Notice how the green gets the "A" after the 150? I don't know why.

Wave 3 is rolling. It seems like the watch made it through the "pilot season" and is now a full-fledged G. With the White body/Blue face GA-150MF-7 and the Black body/Red face GA-150MF-1.

I'm not commenting on the suffixes here. Suffice to say I'm looking forward to seeing them.

it seems doing stealth mode when wearing it :D
    stealthing style...
    Chrisek likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yes, that's why I like it. The digi screens are pretty unnecessary so I like how the neg display hides them on the face vs the other variations which highlight them.

Thread Information