GXW-56-1BJF + pics

Thread: GXW-56-1BJF + pics

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

GXW-56-1BJF + pics

Yes ladies and gents GXW-56 golden version is here!!! Can`t hold my excitement! I`ll try to write my 1st review:
    1st Impression: It comes in a cheap box with its tag and manual; no stand or tin. When you first put your hands on it you feel that it`s different from the other G`s. He is not just big, he`s enormous. I have a 7in wrist and it took me some time to get used to its look (the watch I was wearing just seconds before putting the gwx on was the mil-Frog, so my eyes should already been somewhat prepared for a big watch).

Buttons: Definitively much softer than those on the Muddies. Bezels material seems to be the same on both, my opinion is, as you can see on the pictures, is that the gwx buttons have a bigger diameter what make it easier to press then – a matter of leverage. Pressing then wearing gloves won`t be a problem. Curiously I feel that you have to press then deeper than on the muddies to make then work; maybe it`s just me…

Module: Nothing exceptional, actually many will start to complain about it. The only thing that seems to be improved is the possibility of displaying both time and, for example, utc at the same time (like on gw-6900). On the rest of functions: no time keeping shown on timer or stopwatch. Display is very sharp on this golden model, numbers maybe not that big, as it`s shown on the comparison picture with the GW-5600(chosen this one because many fellow members have praised its legibility). The new structure that was inserted on the face of the display called “shock absorber” doesn`t interfere on the legibility, it`s far away enough from the digits to create shadows over then. Don`t know the feeling on the negative display GWX, where the “shock absorver”is red, but on the golden version it`s quite subdue. Maybe if it was not for it the GWX display would look like an 50”LCD tv.

Band and Bezel: This team makes the watch really comfortable. The part of the bezel that surrounds the back of the watch does not have those “pins” that make the mudman uncomfortable for some fellow members. It`s plain indeed. The band is different from the others G’s. It looks and feels stronger not been stiff, as I said very comfortable. The buckle is definitively remarkable, take a look for yourself on the pics; note that it uses screws instead of pins to attach to the band.

Overall: Loved the watch; even my wife who always says that all the G`s looks the same said that this is different. Indeed it is a real new look. Perhaps I’ll change my mind but for now it`s big, beautiful, a new conception but IT DOES NOT WORTH US$250,00. Those with strong will should wait till the price comes down to something more realistic.

Well I guess that this is it, thank you so much for reading my review, and please accept my apologies for the poor English and the countless grammar mistakes.

Re: Finally received my GXW-56-1BJF +pics

Hi Dantas

Many thanks for an informative review and congratulations on the newcomer.
    You are very right about the price. I think this new model are not worth the money. There is definitely something new, but still not creative enough for my taste. Who knows, maybe I buy one of these a day, but not now when they cost so much.

Thanks again bro and take care. :thanks

Thanks for sharing man.

It is one beautifully ugly huge G. Not for me, but can't wait to see it in person.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It's pretty amazing - I haven't seen one in person yet, but your pics are the next best thing. Many thanks! ( I think I want one.... )

I really like the screw-on strap buckle.
    The Search function on vBulletin forums isn't very smart. If you want to search for a complete string in the G-Shock forum, or for posts which include multiple words, use Google, and enter site:forums.watchuseek.com/f17 into the search box. Then use normal google syntax after that to enter your search.

I thought it was a very good review and cool watch!

Great looking G. Looks pretty big from the pics. I can't wait to order mine. Saving the $$$$
    Mechagodzilla find me a G-Shock in Tokyo!!

Thanks everybody for the replies, much appreciated your attention.

Very cool! That is the one I like most, great review, I wonder why they didn't come out with a regular silver LCD version?
    Experience is what you end up with when you didn't get what you wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by BREAKWATER View Post
    Very cool! That is the one I like most, great review, I wonder why they didn't come out with a regular silver LCD version?
    Yes, good question. Since this GX series won't be a limited edition model, it should come also as you said. Not very far from this point, did you notice that the buckle does not match the golden parts as with other G shocks? Maybe they'll end up releasing some kind of limited edition, like the Mastermind GWF-1000,where they'll put on some diferent details such as the lcd...

wow, never think it could compare with frogman

so big and beautiful

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information