Infantry Mudman Questions
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By doron
  • 1 Post By doron

Thread: Infantry Mudman Questions

Infantry Mudman Questions

Hey all, I've been reading up on this forum for a while and just registered to get some advice. I'm about to serve in an infantry unit in the middle east, and I have a couple general questions. I've been doing a bit of research to figure out which G shock is for me. As of right now, I'm pretty much sold on the Mudman G9000-1v, but I have two general questions if you all wouldn't mind.

1. Since there are no atomic stations in the Mid East, will the atomic clock feature be pretty much useless to me?

2. Am I right to assume that the main difference between the Mudman g9000-1v and the and the Mudman g9000ms is simply the color scheme? Is the latter really that much more useful for soldiers besides the aesthetics?

3. Is there another Gshock that you guys would recommend more highly to an infantry soldier? Any reason why I shouldn't go with the G9000-1v?

Anyway, thanks for taking a look and I appreciate any advice you give.
    GSHOCKLOVE likes this.

Re: Infantry Mudman Questions

Doron, first and foremost: thank you for your service and I hope you come back OK.
    I live where there is no atomic sync, I cannot think of a single useful reason to have it in your situation. I also have a basic question for you: do you ever need to sync to someone else's watch or clock?
    between the two you picked out, I would suggest you go with the positive display (g9000-1v) and this is coming from someone who LOVES negative displays. First reason might surprise you: some people have genuine difficulty reading a negative display watch in all situations. Some people have difficulty with them in certain light conditions. If this will be your first negative display, and you will not be in control of the conditions you are wearing it then that is my suggestion. Try one as a 2nd watch. It would suck to get there and have it be useless to you.
    I believe you are in full gear, and I've noticed two distinct patterns for watches with uniform coming back from the middle east: a big watch that will hold the cuff of your jacket "up" so you can see the time. If you like this idea then I would suggest a positive display king or gd100.
    The other way is to have a smaller watch that easily fits under the cuffs (9000 should be good for this) to maintain skin coverage. If this is your preferred method then I would suggest a g5600/g5000 to consider. Also, since the "under the cuff" watch won't get much light I would suggest a non-solar as it has a much bigger battery (either 9000 or 5600 should go your entire tour without a battery swap).
    just my two cents.
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

Re: Infantry Mudman Questions

Chrisek,

Thanks a lot for the quick and informative reply. You've confirmed what I wanted to hear and I'll be ordering the g9000 shortly. One thing though in regards to your first sentence; I feel guilty accepting your gratitude as I will be serving with the IDF. I wanted to make that clear. But again, I appreciate your help.

-Doron
    igureta likes this.

Thread Information