This is a shallow review since Im not an authority on Gs and I have no idea what collectors of Gs look for in their pieces. These are my impressions, from a working mans and occasional divers point of view.

Specs from the manufacturer:

• Multi-Band Atomic Timekeeping (US, UK, Germany, Japan, China)
Receives time calibration radio signals which keep the displayed time accurate
Auto receive function up to 6 times per day (up to 5 times per day for China)
Manual receive function
Signal: US WWVB, UK MSF, Germany DCF77, Japan JJY40/JJY60, China BPC
Frequency: US 60kHz, UK 60kHz, Germany 77.5kHz, Japan 40/60kHz, China BPC 68.5kHz
• Tough Solar Power
• Shock Resistant
• ISO 200M Water Resistant
• Full Auto EL Backlight with Afterglow
• World Time
31 times zones (48 cities + UTC), city code display, daylight saving on/off
• Moon Data (moon age of the specific data, moon phase graph)
• Tide Graph (tide level for specific date and time)
• Dive time and surface interval measurement function
Dive time: 1 second increments, up to 23:59'59
Surface interval: 1 minute increments, up to 47:59'59
Memory capacity: One set of data (dive time, dive start time and surface interval)
• 1/100 second stopwatch
Measuring capacity: 23:59'59.99"
Measuring modes: Elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times
• Countdown timer
Measuring unit: 1 second
Input range: 1 minute to 24 hours (1-minute increments and 1-hour increments)
• 4 Daily alarms and 1 Snooze Alarm
• Hourly time signal
• Battery power indicator
• Power saving function
• Button Operation Tone on/off
• Full auto-calendar (pre-programmed until the year 2099)
• 12/24 hour formats
• Accuracy: +/- 15 seconds per month
• Storage battery: Solar rechargeable battery
• Approx. battery life: 8 months on full charge (without further exposure to light)
• Module: 3184

My Take:

Ist question in my mind was “Atomic? Is this going to work in Manila?” Oh yes, I tried that with my other atomic G and it does (just make sure you’re located at an elevated location).

As per functions: It is atomic, has a stopwatch, a countdown timer, world time (very useable), alarm, power level indicator, etc. It is solar so I don’t have to worry about draining the batteries with the atomic clock function

Functions, well, specifically for divers use. There’s a dive timer , surface interval timer ( time between dives ) and a tide graph. That’s about it for diving.
My dive computers has all these and more. Depth gauge, no decompression time, nitrogen levels, air levels, no fly time etc, etc, etc.

The case is asymmetrical, non-centred, somewhat moved to the left like other G Frogs and I realized it was well thought of. This design is the reason why it is very comfortable at the wrist. It doesn’t hit or irritate the back of the hand.

It has the familiar GShock bezel and a blackened inner bezel ( have no idea what metal they used)

Dial layout has the seconds ( Im liking the detail on this one ), the tide graph and the main window which shows the time day and date.

Caseback is in black anodized metal with engraving. Has the Frogman logo etc.

The buttons, they are big (well, bigger than the old frogs) nicely made and protected. Left buttons are round, a bit harder to push due to the protectors but forgivable. Theyre in SS with red accents.

The buttons on the right are wider/longer easier to push and are in black anodized steel.

The buckle as in most of the metal parts is also in black, nice contrast to the red in my books.

At 115g, it is quite on the heavy G side ( the XL models are just on th 70g range). Coming form the mechanical big watch usage, it isn’t a problem personally. It is still very comfortable on the wrist. Compared to my other Gs and dive computers, it is a tad heavier (hefty as they say) but I do like the feel which is solid and gives me the impression it is very tough.
It sits well on my 7.25ish wrist and you can forget about keeping it under a sleeve.

At 58.3 x 52.8 x 18.0mm it is quite big. I don’t think it’s an issue with Gs. They’re meant to be so and merged with a diving watch category, big is appropriate.

Bottom line, if youre thinking of spending your funds on a GFrog as such and your purpose is for dive use, you can do better with a dive watch. If you want a very nice watersports capable watch with a timer tells you tides and world time, this Frog would do fine. Best reason to strap one on is ………………………………….. well,… look at it,…… don’t you think it looks so coooooooool ??!!!!!!!!!....or maybe its just me ;) ;)

..........the gang