Protrek PRX-2000YT-1JF
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Protrek PRX-2000YT-1JF

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Protrek PRX-2000YT-1JF

I have been on a bit of buying spree in the last few weeks as the dreaded collectors bug bit deep. Hopefully I have now got most of what I want but you never know with this crazy hobby!

I will post some of my recent arrivals in separate threads and here is the second following on from the Eric Clapton MRG.

This one is a beautifully made Protrek. Here are some shots.

Gorgeous box.

Yes it is the PRX-2000 Limited Edition.

This watch is really hard to photograph well as it is so shiny and my pictures don't really do it justice.

The watch is a titanium 'sandwich' with a slim middle part of what looks like very hard resin which act as a button protector. The bezel is very highly polished on top and is matt beneath that.

The titanium bracelet is quite elegant with its black finish and rose gold centre links.

The caseback is very highly sculpted which is a very nice quality touch. As you can see only 1000 were made.

Watch now synced with UK time and also a few wrist shots.

The watch has the fantastic duplex system which acts as an indicator in many of the watches functions. .

For instance in sunrise and sunset mode one pointer points to the sunrise time against the 24 hour markings around the dial whilst the other points to the sunset time. A flashing pointer points to the current time on the 24 hour dial. This is a very neat function when you see it in real time.

In world time one pointer always shows the WT and a second flashing pointer points to the Home time.

The duplex pointers are a purple sort of colour which contrasts nicely against the dial.

When you switch modes the duplex pointer points to the current mode as indicated on the dial for a short time.

In compass mode the duplex starts off with a starburst and then moves into its normal compass operation with the big pointer always marking North.

This is a very slim and elegant watch. It is more of a dressy ABC watch rather than a functional outdoor tool sort of watch. It has minimal crystal protection but makes up for that with an inside AR coated sapphire crystal Having said that it has a very well specced ABC module with great functionality.

Seems to be sold out everywhere now though different colour combinations have now been issued by Casio.

Just a couple more shots to finish off.

Mitch
    1onehandwill likes this.

Re: Beautiful Protrek Recently Arrived.

Holy Protrek Batman!! That is awesome! How much did this baby set you back?
    Breitling: Ti Chrono Avenger. Blue Dial. Ti Bracelet and Brown Leather Croc Strap w/Deployant
    Casio: GA-100A-1A1ER | GA-100A-7ADR Franken-Watch "StormTrooper" | GW-M5600-1ER | TS-100 | DW-5600C-9CV | DW-5600C-1V | GW-6900BC-1ER | DW-5200C-9 | GXW-56-4JF| G-001-2DR | GF-1000BP-1DR
    Diesel: DZ9039 Skeleton Automatic
    Sicura:
    1970's Mechanical Digital

Storm:
    V2 Vice Stainless Limited Edition

Great looking watch. Love those big digits. Thanks for sharing.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Looking good. Thanks for the pics!

Fantastic! Congrats on a beautiful watch ... you may find the Manaslu won't come of the wrist easily. And while it may look too dressy for an ABC you'll find it is plenty durable, more than you'd expect. Enjoy this amazing piece.

Hi Mitch,

This this AWESOME Protrek! The finishing surface details is far better than normal PRG-200 & PAW-200..

I have one model which share the same functionality, the PRG-200A Gold Bezel. The only left out is the atomic time keeping.

Enjoy your new Protrek!

cheers,

yschow

Wonderful piece that we haven't seen many of. Congratulations.
    "It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

lvt

Awesome watch, you shouldn't go out without wearing it
    Ball - Casio / G-shock - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Seiko - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Re: Beautiful Protrek, PRX-2000YT-1JF, Recently Arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcsOnFire View Post
    Holy Protrek Batman!! That is awesome! How much did this baby set you back?
    Well if you could find one for sale in Japan, at the current exchange rate, it would come in at $1700 MRSP plus shipping.

Now I think this is Casio really pushing the boat out on the pricing of Limited Editions as they have done with other 'G's. At least in this case you are getting something substantial for your money with its Titanium case and sapphire plus beautiful finishing and polishing.

However, it is hard to say it is value for money at that price given you can get the same functionality at a much lower price point. Having said that Casio did not seem to have any problems in moving them at that price.

I paid substantially less for mine, quite a bit less than half the MRSP actually and that was shipped to my door all taxes paid.

Mitch

Amazing look, specially the black metal parts. Very classy indeed. Thanks for sharing!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information