Review of Casio Oceanus OCW-600
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Review of Casio Oceanus OCW-600

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Suspended

Review of Casio Oceanus OCW-600

I have prepared a review of the Casio Oceanus OCW-600 and hosted it on my personal blog site. Below is a direct link for anyone interested.

Jikan Watch Blog: Review of Casio Oceanus OCW-600

Re: Review of Casio Oceanus OCW-600

Nice review and nice watch nhoJ!

Thanks for the great review; I think I want one! What dealer did you buy through?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I've got this same watch with a blue dial. In fact it's 4 years old and has, since the day I received it, been my daily watch. The bracelet shows some wear but the crystal is still perfect and the watch works perfectly, synched up to Fort Collins atomic clock every day.

However my eyes have begun to wander and so I have a Hamilton Khaki Field Auto in the mail.

I will keep the Oceanus and probably treat it to a really nice leather band since it's served me well for 4 years of daily use. I can't decide what would look good with a blue dial, but maybe something matte black.

So begins another expensive hobby . . .

Name:  _DSC0018.jpg
Views: 9353
Size:  184.3 KB

Hi Guys,

FIRST POST!

I picked up an Oceanus Cachalot a few weeks ago and I've been wearing it ever since. I wanted to ask other Oceanus watch owners a question: Does your watch maintain a full charge for 24 hours? My watch goes into power level two (second hand moves every two seconds) whenever I spend about an hour in a dark room (or a dimly lit office). is this typical?
    basically, my watch operates in power level two all day. there may be a few hours of the day when i am in direct sunlight that my watch will tick every second and the audible beeps are enabled....but its rare.

Thanks for the help

It is normal for an almost empty battery, I guess.

Did you buy it new or never used (new old stock)?

I think your battery needs a charging with bright sunlight. You will never reach a higher battery level without sunlight. You can check out the manual for your charging times.

It depends on the model but through a window you need 70 hours or so to charge it of bright sunlight (or 20 hours without the window).

In winter time it could be difficult to even get an hour of sunlight...

Thanks for the response.

I bought the watch band new, never worn, original box and tags, but i'm not sure when my watch was manufactured. i got a fair deal on the watch so it may have been old inventory- it probably wasn't getting a lot of attention listed at the msrp.

I'm sure in the summer the watch will hold a charge better, i just wanted to make sure that my battery wasnt shot. If its somewhat normal for the watch to operate between power level 1 and level 2, then my watch sounds okay. It still syncs with the Atomic clock when its in power level two, which makes me happy. the manual indicates that the watch will omit calibration when in the low power level. strange...but i'm not complaining.

I live in northwest Washington State and its a typical cloudy and dark winter here. the office isn't very bright either.

on the backside of the watch should be a 6 digit number, the first 2 are the manufacturing date, first for year, second for month (year e. g.: 9 = 2009, 0 = 2010, 1 = 2011, second digit month: 1-9 = January-September, O = October, N = November, D = December) the other four are the production number (maximum 9999 watches each month of that model)

so, number 9N0923 means watch number 923 of November, 2009

Normally (my experience) the watch stays at full charge and never reaches power level 2 (I have my Oceanus for over 4 years) but of course if it stayed some time (years) in the dark after a full charge you first have to fully charge it again to experience the normality...
    Last edited by Sibe; January 12th, 2012 at 10:42.
    dilal likes this.

My watch says '800004', tho it sounds like the second digit should be an O for October (the 'o' looks like a zero to me). So i guess it was the 4th one made in October, back in 2008.

Yeah, I don't know if it is O or a Zero (0). Zero would make more sense after thinking about it because then you have N for the 11th month (November) because the one is already used for January so N is used instead but for October it is still all right to use the 0 (Zero) because 0 is not used for any other month.

But if your battery is 3 years old and not charged in this 3 years then you are lucky it still works but of course it needs a charge.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information