This model is my very first G-Shock. When I first saw it on 2002 on one Hong Kong's based IT mags, my eyes fall in love with it.....,

In 2005, I manage to grab it at really cheap price, RM 199.00 or USD 54.00 at that time....

The watch construction

It's constructed with polished chrome stainless steel around the bezel, with dark light blue jelly color on the strap itself. Of course beside blue jelly, this model also available in highly chrome stainless steel, green jelly & light black jelly.

Of the G-Shock toughness technology also included such as shock resistant, water resistant up to 20 bar, stainless steel back cover with 4 screw at the back etc.

For the button, 4 large polished stainless steel located for both left and right. Not forget to mention the EL button, one of the stylish design put it on the G-Shock.

The watch features

a) Accuracy - +/- 15 seconds a month.
b) Timekeeping - Hour, Minutes, Seconds, PM indicator, year, month, day & day of the week.
c) Calendar System - From year 1995 to 2039
d) Other - 10 preset surfing sites around the world, with tide graph, moon phase, sunset/sunrise for the 10 preset surfing sites,
e) 60 minutes countdown timer with 5 second auto start, with 1/10 second measuring unit & auto repeat timing.
f) 24 hours stopwatch
g) 3 multifunction + snooze and hourly time signal.
f) EL back light (Blue), with Auto Light Switch
g) A 2 years CR2016 lithium battery.
h) Module no: 2463

The watch's story details

The model is part of G-Shock G-LIDE series. But one unique features that separate itself is the LCD screens. Beside the GL-150, G-3110, G-3011 etc. Both shares a colorful LCD screen! Casio call it as Duplex LCD, a double or triple layer construction of 3 or more color (Blue, Red, White, Green etc.) LCD etching together in the display block, creating customized color combination of the display which you can display the time in blue or red, date in green or viewing a tide graph.

This GL-160 series is one of the most comprehensive moon phase with 16 phases (8 phases both left and right)! The tide graph features in this is also one of the unique which has an indicator of Low (L), Medium (M) & High (T). Each tide dot is split with 6 dots, 3 dots for Low Tide, other 3 dots for High Tide.

Beside tide graph, this model (beside the Fisherman or older model Gulfman) has built in features of Sunset and Sunrise and Moon Up & Moon Down Time, due to this model has complete Longitude and Latitude with GMT settings.

Conclusion

Overall, I love this watch not only the features, but also the digits display. It's huge!!!!!. The font for this watch is on of the pretties is ever seen, the band and buckle is Made In Japan (easy and comfortable to wear), whilst the watch module is Made In Thailand.

Cheers

yschow

Here some some of the pics. Enjoy!!!!