Review of the GA-110B-1A2

Thread: Review of the GA-110B-1A2

Review of the GA-110B-1A2

In my 'One Ring' thread (https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/one...ay-563521.html) I said I would do a review of the three watches I got in fair exchange for my wifes ring.

I have already reviewed the PRW-5100YT 'Black Titan' (https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/new...jf-564132.html) and now this is the GA-110B-1A2

The watch has a fairly basic module by the standards of some of the recent releases.

It has World Time, Stopwatch, Countdown Timer and 5 alarms including snooze. Having said that the Timer is a full 24 hours with auto repeat, which is nice.

The Stopwatch function is very well featured with a 100 hour range and also the ability to measure 99 lap times. It also features an ability to display the average speed over a distance. It does this with a combination of the speed hand at the nine o'clock position and also the top digital display.

It also has auto EL and switchable illumination time. As well as marking the seconds digitally in the lower display it also visually counts them down with seegments around the inner ring. When the stopwatch is running you can see the stopwatch seconds passing via segments on the outer ring which is a pretty cute feature.

The hands move automatically when you alter the digital display and it is not possible to show different analogue and digital times in the timekeeping mode.

The hands are not lumed and illumination is by LED at the 6 o'clock position.

The watch is large, being 51.2 by 55.0 and 17.0 thick. However, the watch does not wear so large on the wrist due to the jet black bezel and colourful face which draws the attention of the eyes..

The analogue time is hard to read at a glance, there being little contrast in colours, and you need to concentrate to check it. The digital time is fine in good light but not so good in poor conditions.

So why did I get this watch, which is compromised so much in legibility?

Because to my eyes I find it so COOL!

The contrast between the glossy jet black and the startlingly blue face just does it for me somehow. You know when you see something and you just have to have it? Well this was the situation here.

Here are some more shots.

Mitch

Re: Review of the GA-110B-1A2

niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Very cool, I've really been eyeing this one lately, I still wonder why Casio doesn't realize that both hour and minute hands need to be a different color then the dial behind them, brighter so you can quickly tell what time it is. If the arms were both white, that would be much easier to see and would look great with the blue and white bits on the numerals.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Copied to 'Reviews'.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

price will not matter as long as you like it. very nice g shock by the way.

Because to my eyes I find it so COOL!

Thread Information