Review RANGEMAN GPR-B1000-1ER

Thread: Review RANGEMAN GPR-B1000-1ER

Review RANGEMAN GPR-B1000-1ER

Featured Victorinox INOX, G-Shock GPR-B1000-1ER Rangeman, G-Shock MRG-G2000CB-1ADR, Garmin Fenix 5x pro...

This post is about the Rangeman, my review is if you want it for the tracking navigation ability you may end up being highly disappointed, its VERY sluggish and very basic, if you want it to be super tough I'd look rather at just a mudmaster. My pros about the watch Large display on basic, I love when i happen to have my smart phone on me (which is rare) and navigation is on the rangeman that when I randomly took photos that they appear on the route that I was on, this was noticed when I checked the gshock app at my days activites (my Garmin Fenix 5x didn't have that auto feature but can do it manually ) another pro it's got sapphire glass (unlike the mudmaster GWG-1000-1A1ER) and GPS on the watch without using the smartphone. It's more than likely tougher than the Fenix 5x...and Solar power..

However Cons. If I was in the middle of nowhere with a choice of watch that's maybe the only place that the tracking feature and GPS would be of slight use as in better than nothing, its daft thinking would a smartphone be necessary? as I'd rather rely on the smartphone on its own.
    The back-light is ridiculously dim. Scroll wheel doesn't keep back-light on in dark too see what you are doing! (someone claims the sound off on Watch and it will do it, well it's certainly isn't doing it on my watch!)
    And you want to look on your past activities all it shows is a bunch of numbers on the watch and dates without you having a clear easy Image or login for you to press a past activity to do it again....
    Feels like they just threw this concept together!
    I hope the watch can receive future software updates like the fenix 5x does, that way they can improve the watch and show respect to buyers by them not having to buy another newer improvement to the model

Ceramic back will not take a bashing like steel back if the watch fell on say a rock from a height. (my opinion)

Not as good looking as the mudmaster.
    Cannot rival Fenix 5x pro let alone the 6xpro to get tout out of a crisis in middle of nowhere, you may actually get even more lost!.

Do i regret buying it? nope as its more future proof than the mudmaster, and I never got it for reasons I have my fenix, i just got it as a gshock that will change times on its own as I change countries and for the large display and its better than nothing tracking... I notice they use garmin for maps but its the most mediocre maps that garmin gave, not the highest end colour etc GPS ones

All rounder the fenix 5x pro is the better watch in one. However a gshock is a G-Shock and they are my favourite brand 🤗

Edited Review RANGEMAN GPR-B1000-1ER

Featured Victorinox INOX, G-Shock GPR-B1000-1ER Rangeman, G-Shock MRG-G2000CB-1ADR, Garmin Fenix 5x pro...

This post is about the Rangeman, my review is if you want it for the tracking navigation ability you may end up being highly disappointed, its VERY sluggish and very basic, if you want it to be super tough I'd look rather at just a mudmaster. My pros about the watch Large display on basic, I love when i happen to have my smart phone on me (which is rare) and navigation is on the rangeman that when I randomly took photos that they appear on the route that I was on, this was noticed when I checked the gshock app at my days activites (my Garmin Fenix 5x didn't have that auto feature but can do it manually ) another pro it's got sapphire glass (unlike the mudmaster carbon GG-1000) and GPS on the watch without using the smartphone. It's more than likely tougher than the Fenix 5x...and Solar power..

However Cons. If I was in the middle of nowhere with a choice of watch that's maybe the only place that the tracking feature and GPS would be of slight use as in better than nothing, its daft thinking would a smartphone be necessary? as I'd rather rely on the smartphone on its own.
    The back-light is ridiculously dim. Scroll wheel doesn't keep back-light on in dark too see what you are doing! (someone claims the sound off on Watch and it will do it, well it's certainly isn't doing it on my watch!)
    And you want to look on your past activities all it shows is a bunch of numbers on the watch and dates without you having a clear easy Image or login for you to press a past activity to do it again....
    Feels like they just threw this concept together!
    I hope the watch can receive future software updates like the fenix 5x does, that way they can improve the watch and show respect to buyers by them not having to buy another newer improvement to the model

Ceramic back will not take a bashing like steel back if the watch fell on say a rock from a height. (my opinion)

Not as good looking as the mudmaster.
    Cannot rival Fenix 5x pro let alone the 6xpro to get tout out of a crisis in middle of nowhere, you may actually get even more lost!.

Do i regret buying it? nope as its more future proof than the mudmaster, and I never got it for reasons I have my fenix, i just got it as a gshock that will change times on its own as I change countries and for the large display and its better than nothing tracking... I notice they use garmin for maps but its the most mediocre maps that garmin gave, not the highest end colour etc GPS ones

All rounder the fenix 5x pro is the better watch in one. However a gshock is a G-Shock and they are my favourite brand 🤗 and I still think that for looks I prefer the GWG-1000-1A1ER mudmaster

Re: Review RANGEMAN GPR-B1000-1ER

Thanks for your honest review. Sorry to read the Rangeman was not all that you were hoping for.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the review. I do agree with you about the software updates. I hope there is an update for the GPR-B1000 software rather than a whole new model for 2020.

Having said that, there is rumour about a heart rate tracker with tough solar for 2020. Maybe incoporation of that tech that will elevate the GPR series to new levels?

I really hope they improve the scale of the map. It is not very usable for the intended purpose of back tracking, the closest we can zoom in is 2km. Can you imagine having walking 500m to 2000m to find out that you have taken the wrong turn.

Overall I do love this watch just because it is a G-Shock.

Thread Information