Unboxing of Casio G-Shock Mudman G9000MS-1DR
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By boredklguy

Thread: Unboxing of Casio G-Shock Mudman G9000MS-1DR

Unboxing of Casio G-Shock Mudman G9000MS-1DR

After much awaited anticipation, my Casio G-Shock Mudman G9000MS-1DR finally arrived at my office doorstep. Here's my review of this great timepiece.

Name:  IMAG3411.jpg
Views: 3679
Size:  59.9 KB

The box is slighted dented at the top-side from the delivery. I would have appreciated if the merchant could have wrapped it properly before sending it out.

Name:  IMAG3412.jpg
Views: 3565
Size:  60.9 KB

Here's the G-Shock Mudman sitting snugly in the box protected in a plastic wrap waiting to be strapped on to its new owner. I was a bit disappointed with the packaging sine I was expecting it to be in a steel casing instead of cardboard.

Name:  IMAG3417.jpg
Views: 3429
Size:  60.6 KB

At the bottom of the box, you will find the multi-lingual user manual that looks like a mini dictionary to me. Went through the manual to learn on some basic handling instructions especially to set the date/time.

Name:  Mudman Collage.JPG
Views: 4255
Size:  100.4 KB

I like the black matte finish of the band and case of the Mudman. It gives a feeling of ruggedness and toughness which was the reason I chose this model. It's a very strongly built watch that I believe will withstand any daily abuses that comes its way. And no, I'm not going to perform any insane stress tests on it. There are enough stress test videos on YouTube.

Name:  IMAG3420.jpg
Views: 3452
Size:  58.1 KB

You need to exert a bit of strength to push the buttons due to the thick resin casing as with all Mudman. The negative display is quite hard to view and at certain angles, you won't be able to see the display. Just a push of the light button solves the problem so it's not a big issue.

Name:  IMAG3419.jpg
Views: 3420
Size:  57.7 KB

My verdict, after wearing it for a day, the watch feels comfortable on my wrist and feels just right. I was afraid that the resin strap will feel uncomfortable since I'm use to wearing steel band. I am satisfied and pleased with the G-Shock Mudman G-9000MS-1 and I believe it will serve me well.

Name:  IMAG3422.jpg
Views: 3548
Size:  67.8 KB
    Morrison81 likes this.

Re: Unboxing of Casio G-Shock Mudman G9000MS-1DR

I used to have one, sold it, then recently bought one again. I do think it's one of the best grab and go watches, especially for running. I've noticed something different. My old ms has a pinkish appearance in the negative display (part of the reason I sold it since I thought it made it look a bit funny, a stealthed out "military" watch with pink text). This new one I picked up is a shade darker when it comes to the red text. I don't know if it's a new and improved batch, but while the visibility is still poor, it's better than how I remembered on my old mudman. Everything else remains the same: Both were made in Thailand, and costed about 70 bucks, hard buttons, cool.

Re: Unboxing of Casio G-Shock Mudman G9000MS-1DR

Congratulations to this lovely watch, nice pictures....

cheers

toby

Thread Information