Youtube review GW-9100-1 with wrist shots
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By xevious

Thread: Youtube review GW-9100-1 with wrist shots

Video Youtube review GW-9100-1 with wrist shots

I feel bad having been a member here for as long as I have and not really contributing. So to make up for it here is a review of my GW-9100-1 as well as a few wrist shots that I took of it. Hope you like and or find them useful.

Name:  bgIMG_3936.jpg
Views: 1664
Size:  55.2 KB

Name:  bgIMG_3942.jpg
Views: 1424
Size:  53.7 KB

Name:  bgIMG_3944.jpg
Views: 1320
Size:  35.3 KB

Name:  bgIMG_3941.jpg
Views: 1307
Size:  28.6 KB
    Last edited by Dark Wanderer; December 31st, 2011 at 22:01.

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

Re: Youtube review GW-9100-1 with wrist shots

Nice video review you posted.

Casio made a very good quality watch with this GW-9100 Gulfman. It has been replaced with a new Atomic/Solar version that has the tide graph and moon phase, but it's like twice as expensive as the GW-9100 was. I think this one looks better.

By the way, you mentioned about how this is your daily watch and that the resin band is showing some wear. You might be interested to know that the Riseman band fits the Gulfman seamlessly and is a more comfortable band (fewer inner facing hard ridges). In fact, the new GW-9110 has an updated band and looks just like it. I just checked PacParts and they've got it listed for just $12.50 (half what it used to cost). It's well worth it if you wear the watch frequently. The only "drawback" if there had to be one, is that there is "Twin Sensor" stamped on the top band, but obviously the Gulfman doesn't have any sensors. Not a big deal, really. If it bothered you enough, you could scrape it off.
    Last edited by xevious; February 19th, 2012 at 07:05.
    domoon likes this.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

Thank you for the info on the band replacement. The majority of the wear is from me resting it while working at my computer, so it is not that noticeable. However, I may pick up a replacement band and see if it is indeed more comfortable.

I still like the look of the old Gulfman better. The new one looks a little too busy to be my everyday watch. Not saying that I have not looked at a watch with moon phase and tide graph for the future. It was just not this one.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Wanderer View Post
    Thank you for the info on the band replacement. The majority of the wear is from me resting it while working at my computer, so it is not that noticeable. However, I may pick up a replacement band and see if it is indeed more comfortable.

I still like the look of the old Gulfman better. The new one looks a little too busy to be my everyday watch. Not saying that I have not looked at a watch with moon phase and tide graph for the future. It was just not this one.
    I can guarantee that you'll find the Riseman band more comfortable. To me it's a big difference. In fact, CASIO abandoned the GW-9100 strap when producing the GW-9110, and switched to the Riseman design. If that's not a testimony to the superior band, I don't know what is.

I too prefer the GW-9100 watch face design. I have a G-Lide with moon phase and tide graph, which I found cumbersome to get the right lunitidal interval set, and even then the precision is rather vague. Not only do I find the functionality insufficient, I don't like the dedicated field space for it. The rate of information change is slow enough that it could be hidden from view but activated with a single button press. A larger LCD field could be designed to present better detail. In any case, I now have moon phase and tide graph apps installed on my Android phone that provide terrific detail, all I need.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

Thread Information