10 days in Florida

Thread: 10 days in Florida

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

10 days in Florida

Hi! Just came back from sunny state of Florida. As usually America keeps amaze me with its beautiful nature. The sun is tender (there was't that crazy heat as it was in NYC and DC last week, so, thanks god, we missed that hell) and the ocean water is transparent and surreal turquoise. The Mexican Gulf (Sarasota region) is clean so far and looking at it's snow-white sand beaches you can't stop thinking about stupidity and egoism of human nature, how could they ever put under risk that unique resorts, installing oil drills in the Gulf!?
    Well, here couple of pictures I took during ours with my wife trip.

Key Largo - chain of isles at the most southern part of USA. Two meters from a shore here we saw a huge (more than 3 meters long) mamatee just relaxing

Fort Lauderdale beaches.

Art deco district in Miami Beach

While on every corner people make money showing crocodiles to a tourists, this guy popped out of the water near rest area on the way to Sarasota. For FREE!

Pelicans, seaguls and herons don't even care about people.

That tiny lizard charmed me, but then I saw 1.5 meter iguanas taking a sun bath just near our car.

Turtle nests are under US laws protection.

Wilderness. (Myakka river state park)... Jesus... 2.5 miles walking just to see that the water in swamps was too high to reach the alligators place, and 2.5 miles back. But it was an experience.

Key West - the only Caribbean US island and the country's most southern point. It is only 90 miles from Cuba.

There is definitely Caribbean mood on its streets

But at the same time it is very american

But life style is still relaxing, people are friendly and... well, they are islanders.

And here we are in Viscaya Palace in Maiami. Amazing place.

Last edited by igorycha; July 19th, 2010 at 22:57.
    <hr /><a href=https://forums.watchuseek.com/f78/watch-through-lenses-chronicles-one-obsession-638371.html target=_blank>https://forums.watchuseek.com/f78/wat...on-638371.html</a>

Re: 10 days in Florida

Bright sun makes for such wonderful pics. Thanks!
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Great photography man! You've captured the essence of Florida perfectly well.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Great photos and a very enjoyable travelogue Igor... Thanks!
    For me, every day is a new thing. I approach each project with a new insecurity, almost like the first project I ever did, and I get the sweats. I go in and start working. I'm not sure where I'm going - if I knew where I was going, I wouldn't do it. Frank Gehry

Ozy

Thats it! thats the place i've been looking for.

thanks for the great pics... I'm heading there.
    Pavo absolutus

Quote Originally Posted by Eeeb View Post
    Bright sun makes for such wonderful pics. Thanks!
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ohmegah View Post
    Great photos and a very enjoyable travelogue Igor... Thanks!
    Thank you Wallace! Cheers
    <hr /><a href=https://forums.watchuseek.com/f78/watch-through-lenses-chronicles-one-obsession-638371.html target=_blank>https://forums.watchuseek.com/f78/wat...on-638371.html</a>

Quote Originally Posted by nimbushopper View Post
    Great photography man! You've captured the essence of Florida perfectly well.
    You live in Paradise!!!! The only thing bothers me - dickheads who tend to screw everything they touch. I hope the worst is over and BP will stick to its promises to clean all the mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozy View Post
    Thats it! thats the place i've been looking for.
    thanks for the great pics... I'm heading there.
    Thanks Ozy! Do it. It's a long flight, but worth it. Just check the hurricanes schedule...

I loved your pics and am glad you shared your trip with us. YUO guys are a great couple too!
    We are headed to St Pete, FL on August 7th for 2 weeks. I am counting the days!
    | ALPINA Tribute to KM710 | AVI-8 P-51 Mustang | BLANCPAIN Bathyscaphe | BREITLING Jupiter Pilot | CASIO G-SHOCK DW5600 Rasta, DW5600HR, & GW-M6610 | DOXA 1200t Pro | ERNST & BENZ custom Chronosport | FARER Lander & Pointing II LE #2/100 GMT's, Pendine Chrono | GSD 3A pilot | MERCER Madison | NODUS Retrospect | NORQAIN Adventure Sport | OMEGA Seamaster cal. 1040 | SCURFA Bell Diver 1 PVD, DiverOne Gen I LE PVD Auto, DiverOne GenII X 9 :) | SEIKO Turtles SPB087 & SRP777 | SINN 103 | SPINNACKER Fleuss, Hull Riviera, & Hull Chrono II | SWATCH Irony Chrono | TOCKr Skytrain, DDAY + Air Defenders Blue, Panda LE, Hulk Rosegold, Black PVD | TRASKA Freediver | TUDOR North Flag | SEIKO MM200 SPB087 | UNDONE AquaBlack Custom | ZENITH Cronometro CP2 WWP LE #43/50[B] |

Preordered: ASTOR & BANKS SeaRanger

Really fantastic photos - made me wanna be there - I could smell the sea salt in the air - my fave was the 2 guys greeting with fists, a wonderful "decisive moment" snap

Just not sure about a gentleman wearing white linen trousers

si
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose" Jim Elliot - Missionary, Martyr

Nice photos! it looks like a great place to visit.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information