Air Blower (Computer Cleaner) To Remove Dust

Thread: Air Blower (Computer Cleaner) To Remove Dust

Air Blower (Computer Cleaner) To Remove Dust

One of my big problems with watch photography is dust on straps. All the polishing cloths I have used seem to leave dust all over the item. I came across Air Dusters used to clean computer chips. Basically it is an air blower that blows high pressured filtered air. I thought this would be good for my photograph as I can blast the item with "clean" air leaving it dust free. Has anyone ever used one and able to comment on my idea?

Re: Air Blower (Computer Cleaner) To Remove Dust

Do you do any post processing? Using the spot healing tool in either Lightroom or PhotoShop is a breeze, and negates any need to fuss with the strap itself. Heals smudges and scratches on crystals, too. If you don't have Lightroom or PS, most other programs have similar healing features - see if yours does, and give it a try!
    Fiat vox!

Quote Originally Posted by Sherpat View Post
    Do you do any post processing? Using the spot healing tool in either Lightroom or PhotoShop is a breeze, and negates any need to fuss with the strap itself. Heals smudges and scratches on crystals, too. If you don't have Lightroom or PS, most other programs have similar healing features - see if yours does, and give it a try!
    Exatly, don't think that when you see those perfect shots of watches that they haven't been hit with a healing tool ;). Much easier than trying to get your strap or case to look perfect.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I never had a problem with the straps. I just gently wipe them out with a damp cloth.
    Having spotless metal and glass surfaces is more difficult.
    Spot healing tool is definitely effective to deal with the small dust spots. Smudges are different story. Sometimes it works really well, sometimes it doesn’t.
    If your watch has sufficient water resistance, cleaning it up with a soap prior to taking pictures, makes post processing much easier. I also use light gloves handling the watch taking the shots.

Thread Information