any Canon G10 user here ???
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: any Canon G10 user here ???

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

any Canon G10 user here ???

so far this is my only camera... but I love it!!! it has proven to be a really good built camera, great performance and you can carry it everywhere. I want to know how many of you still have the G10 and shoot with it, perhaps we can share some experiences, advices or techniques and photos we have taken with this little beast!.

Name:  flash_test_2_by_josmo-d35ur2e.jpg
Views: 643
Size:  523.7 KB

Name:  5115419787_d54739210e_b.jpg
Views: 425
Size:  676.3 KB

cheers!

Re: any Canon G10 user here ???

Wow..great shots..

Steve

thank you!! :)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I used the G10 as a bridge camera before I upgraded to the Nikon D90 DSLR. The G10, at the time, was probably the best prosumer camera out. In some ways, I think it's better than the G11. Don't know much about the G12, so I can't comment there.

So, how are you liking yours?

Quote Originally Posted by BenL View Post
    I used the G10 as a bridge camera before I upgraded to the Nikon D90 DSLR. The G10, at the time, was probably the best prosumer camera out. In some ways, I think it's better than the G11. Don't know much about the G12, so I can't comment there.

So, how are you liking yours?
    that was a sweet upgrade BenL, yes I believe the G10 in terms of construction quality is highly superior to the G11, the biggest difference I noticed was in the rear control wheel which is wider and solid on the G10 but it´s narrow and so soft on the G11, I have had just once the G12 in my hands so I can´t tell neither.

this G10 has been with me for some years now and I´m very pleased with it, I´ll like to upgrade to a DSLR too, probably to a Rebel T2i.. too my needs it will be perfect!, but for sure I´ll keep my G10.

i have a G9, and yes they are awesome cameras. i find i use it more than my DSLR, it goes everywhere with me. i am pretty sure the G11 and G12 have a plastic body, which IMHO was a mistake on canons part. Macro is pretty good too

click for full size
    http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/2593/img1771j.jpg
    jose-CostaRica likes this.

really nice macro Tremec, the G9 is terrific, the few people that own it don´t get rid of it, and yeah one thing I love from the G10 as well the G9 is the aluminum body, great construction quality

Name:  orquidea_morada.jpg
Views: 1029
Size:  798.1 KB
    Tremec likes this.

thanks, that spider is only about an inch from tip of leg to tip of leg. that picture is fantastic, what kind of flower is that? my friend has a G10, he is the reason i picked up the G9. last year he was camping and his fire got a bit out of hand and ended up burning his gear, the g10 was in his pack and got pretty crispy... to my surprise it still works
    Last edited by Tremec; August 17th, 2011 at 06:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Tremec View Post
    thanks, that spider is only about an inch from tip of leg to tip of leg. that picture is fantastic, what kind of flower is that? my friend has a G10, he is the reason i picked up the G9. last year he was camping and his fire got a bit out of hand and ended up burning his gear, the g10 was in his pack and got pretty crispy... to my surprise it still works

wow sad story hahaha, probably the metal body saved the plastic lens... thanks for your comments that flower is an orchid, there are so many variations of purple orchids I cant tell the exact name of that one but are beautiful flowers and nice to photograph ;)

In 2008, a friend showed me his G9 and after seeing the pictures I wanted one, but too late,no longer available so bought the G10____and after using another brand for decades,
    I must say the G10 has been around the World with us. I suppose I `over-shot' because in 2010, I had to send it to Canon for a re-build. $150.00 and when it returned
    I thought it was a new camera before checking the serial number. Viewed and tried the G11 & G12 __ and decided never. The G10 just keeps on `ticking' and allowing
    great shots. My 2 cents worth.
    jose-CostaRica likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information