Anyone here shoot 35mm film? - Page 3

Thread: Anyone here shoot 35mm film?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Anyone here shoot 35mm film?

Pentax Spotmatic. Received USED as a highschool grad gift in 1978! As simple as can be and still functioning flawlessly.

Takes a lickin' and keeps on clicking!

That is an impressive amount of film!

Quote Originally Posted by AZJack View Post
    That is an impressive amount of film!
    Yes, very generous of my friend (actually my retired photo professor), I'm quite excited! You should see the Darkroom paper and chemicals he gave me (Including Ilfochrome).I had to buy a large shelf system from costco to hold it all... and two top notch enlargers - Leica Focomat that does 35mm and medium format, and a Omega 4x5 color enlager, as wella bunch of other random darkroom stuff. I hope to make it a goal to clear out space and get that set up in the new year and concentrate on film shooting and dark room prints like I used to do in college.

I still need to go back and get the Stainless Darkroom sink he has waiting for me, and I think an old Pioneer tube receiver which I will also be delighted to have...
    Last edited by gnuyork; November 24th, 2010 at 23:18.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    I think I will be shooting film for a while. Most of this was given to me by a friend. He also gave me enough paper and chemicals to print most of this film, as well as 2 top notch enlargers, one of them the famous Leica Focomat. So this is why I am going back to film and laying off the digital for a while.

Some shots of my freezer:

You're my hero :) Talk about forward planning. I'm waiting for a pre-owned X1 or possibly an X2 next year to compliment my M4

Nice. I have the M6 and a Summicron 50, just shot some Kodachrome this past weekend with it actually.

Here are some from the first roll of TriX through my M6 when I first got it. I was borrowing a Summarit 35 (I think that's what it was)... nothing too artsy, these were mostly test shots. By the way, I am not that untidy - the indoor shots were at a friend's house.

And some Kodachrome (again with the M6):

Hoping you'll enjoy this photograph of fall colors taken at Mt. Lemon (Catalina Mountain Range) near Tucson, Arizona (7,000 ft elevation). Camera: Hasselblad 501C/M (2-1/4" x 2-1/4" format), 80mm lens (slightly wide angle compared to 35mm format), film FUJI Velvia 100 transparency film digitally scanned into a 66MB TIFF image, scaled-down for a smaller JPEG to post here.

Name:  1997 Mt Lemon Working Copy JPG.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  221.4 KB

Very nice indeed. I am inspired by the colors of fall every year. Next year I need to set aside some time from work, and take a few days and really photograph fall. I keep saying I am going to do it every year, but I seem to always get busy around that time of year.

So... what are you going to do with your 120 and 220 film? Maybe you can find a Yashika or Roleflex twin lens reflex camera, or rent a Hasselblad or Maymia... if not, please send me a personal message, and take an inventory of what you have and let me know. Thanks. Jack

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information