Berlin

Thread: Berlin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Berlin

I was in Berlin over the weekend and took a few photos with my compact digital (I was travelling light and left my dslr at home...). I am still experimenting with processing and wouldn't mind some comments on things to improve. Technically, the shots are not great but this was more about trying to get "good" conversion to B&W.

I have seen some stunning B&W photos on this site and I want to get there some day, but for now, I just want to figure out the basics.....

Thanks for looking,

Jay

The Brandenberg Gate

The dome on top of the Reichstag:

The mirror inside of the dome:

Re: Berlin

Cool! I'll be in Berlin from Dec. 29th till Jan 3rd and I'll definately take my DSLR
    Cheers,
    Micha

Bring a tripod! There isn't a flat spot upon which to rest a camera in all of Berlin from what I can tell....

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

stuffler,mike

Great pics. Thanks for sharing.

Here´s a bit more color:

"Festival of Lights"

GJ

Kind Regards,
    GJ

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.....

Very nice, Mike! All of the Christmas lights were up while I was there. It is a beautiful site.

Not only is the Gate beautiful, but there is a watch shop just down the street which sells GOs.... it was a very nice place to visit. *grin* Unfortunately, I couldn't afford anything in the store.

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by Alljay View Post
    Very nice, Mike! All of the Christmas lights were up while I was there. It is a beautiful site.

Not only is the Gate beautiful, but there is a watch shop just down the street which sells GOs.... it was a very nice place to visit. *grin* Unfortunately, I couldn't afford anything in the store.
    Well, the pic has been taken during the "Festival of Lights" in October(no Christmas lights though). About 40 locations have been illumintated in that or similar ways like the Brandenburger Tor, Berliner Rathaus, Siegessäule, Hotel Adlon, Funkturm, Fernsehturm/Alexanderplatz
    The Funkturm was illumintated only in blue which was then calles the "Blue Tower Show. Today I`ve prepared some pics for X-Mas and New Year greetings to be posted here on WUS (if the time is right ).

I'm looking forward to seeing those, Mike.

Berlin surprised me with the beauty of its buildings. Before travelling there, I didn't know what to expect. I will definitely find the room for my dslr the next time I visit!

stuffler,mike

I´d like to welcome you here but will move to London in autumn next year. So hurry up.

Thanks, Mike. Another member of another forum showed my friends and I around last weekend. It is fantastic to have a local guide!

Unfortunately, I'm moving back to Canada next week. Berlin was my last European hurrah.... Otherwise, I'd definitely take you up on your offer.

Cheers,

Jay

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information