Brand new Nikon D90 - Page 4

Thread: Brand new Nikon D90

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Re: Brand new Nikon D90

Nice buy! I'm just getting used to my new d90 as well.

Mine came with the 18-105 kit lens too, it has worked great for me but I'm also looking at getting that 50mm f/1.8D, mainly for lower light situations, and the ability to get more creative with bokeh at the wider aperture. If I had the money I'd go with the Nikon 50mm f/1.4G - or the Sigma version of it...

Regarding "after-market" (non-nikon) lenses, I dont see a problem as long as you do your homework on the lens first, I always check out kenrockwell.com for lens reviews and comparisons, very in-depth and non-bias.

Cheers and good luck with the camera! I'll keep my eye out for your future pic posts

Last edited by scott_eh4; July 22nd, 2010 at 19:27.

Last edited by scott_eh4; July 22nd, 2010 at 19:29. Reason: computer problems, repost

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Last edited by scott_eh4; July 22nd, 2010 at 19:29. Reason: computer problems, repost

Last edited by scott_eh4; July 22nd, 2010 at 19:30. Reason: computer problems, repost

Quote Originally Posted by scott_eh4 View Post
    Nice buy! I'm just getting used to my new d90 as well.

Mine came with the 18-105 kit lens too, it has worked great for me but I'm also looking at getting that 50mm f/1.8D, mainly for lower light situations, and the ability to get more creative with bokeh at the wider aperture. If I had the money I'd go with the Nikon 50mm f/1.4G - or the Sigma version of it...

Regarding "after-market" (non-nikon) lenses, I dont see a problem as long as you do your homework on the lens first, I always check out kenrockwell.com for lens reviews and comparisons, very in-depth and non-bias.

Cheers and good luck with the camera! I'll keep my eye out for your future pic posts
    Thanks for the comments. In addition to the 50mm f/1.8 lens, I'm thinking about getting a macro lens for the watch shots. Any suggestions there?

I'll also look for your future shots.

Stupid question, guys: what's a micro lens, as opposed to (I guess) a macro lens?

Quote Originally Posted by BenL View Post
    Stupid question, guys: what's a micro lens, as opposed to (I guess) a macro lens?
    In Nikon-speak, they are the same. Where other manufacutrers would describe a lens capable of focus at short distance as a macro lens, Nikon calls them Micro. Go figure!
    Casio: PAW1300-1V
    Nomos: Tangomat (Zeta), Tetra Large (Alpha)
    Rolex: Air King (ca. 1982), Cellini (c.a. 1980)
    Seiko: SNM009 White Samurai, SKX781 Orange Monster, SBDC003 Blue Sumo, SBDC005 Orange Sumo,SNKF07 "BFS", SKX007, 6306 - 7001, 6105 - 8119, 6309 - 7040, SBDX001 Marine Master 300,KS 5625-7040 Hi-Beat Chronometer, SPB015J1 Double Retrograde
    Stowa: Marine Original (Serial), Fleiger Original (Serial)
    Tutima: F2 PR

Congratulations Ben with great camera. It will take some time to get used to its weight and size. After first all day long trip having neck red and itching - you will probably think "What the heck, where is my good old and light-weight shoot and point!" And not every shot will be that clear and sharp as taken with more cheap compact cameras.
    But soon you'll master your new camera, and then the difference in quality and creative possibilities would be obvious. Good luck. The picture you posted seems alittlebit cold (bluish), probably you should play with White Balance, though it could be different colors palette of our monitors.
    And you will need PhotoShop. This is the same as darkroom in film era.
    cheers
    Igor
    <hr /><a href=https://forums.watchuseek.com/f78/watch-through-lenses-chronicles-one-obsession-638371.html target=_blank>https://forums.watchuseek.com/f78/wat...on-638371.html</a>

Quote Originally Posted by igorycha View Post
    Congratulations Ben with great camera. It will take some time to get used to its weight and size. After first all day long trip having neck red and itching - you will probably think "What the heck, where is my good old and light-weight shoot and point!"Igor
    Too true, too true.

Quote Originally Posted by igorycha View Post
    And not every shot will be that clear and sharp as taken with more cheap compact cameras.
    But soon you'll master your new camera, and then the difference in quality and creative possibilities would be obvious. Good luck. The picture you posted seems alittlebit cold (bluish), probably you should play with White Balance, though it could be different colors palette of our monitors.
    And you will need PhotoShop. This is the same as darkroom in film era.
    cheers
    Igor
    I sure hope so - I'm really looking forward to exploring what I can do with a DSLR. But can you explain that last part about the darkroom? :thanks

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information