camera

Thread: camera

Confused camera

hi I have a casio exilim ex-v7 digital camera my problem is LENS ERROR 2 appears when I switch it on

Re: camera

Quote Originally Posted by ninian View Post
    hi I have a casio exilim ex-v7 digital camera my problem is LENS ERROR 2 appears when I switch it on
    Hi,

Does the lens fully extend and retract ok without any grinding noise? I have seen this quite a few times over the years with P+S compact cameras. Sometimes when the lens gets knocked when extended, it becomes slightly dislodged and you can see that part of the lens segment is not level. This can actually happen without being knocked as well, although I don't know if sand or dirt, etc could get in and cause this problem. I'm no expert, but from experience you cannot fix this by just pushing it in or by putting pressure on it. Normally they need to be sent away for repair. If it's under warranty, I would contact the manufacturer to get their opinion, or take it into a camera shop to get their views. Sorry I can't fix the problem, but I hope this gives you some ideas of what to do.

PS. By the way, welcome to the forum mate.
    Cheers,
    Barry

Re: camera

If you didn't drop it, then you have dust or sand in it. This prevents the lens from fully extending.

BTW: did you try Google? Appears to be a very frequent error...
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...OR+2%22&aqi=g1

Thread Information