Camera for watch photography

Thread: Camera for watch photography

Camera for watch photography

Hi all

I have asked a question about suggestion on which camera to buy for professional watch photography. I bought Fuji Finepix S2000HD and I am very happy with that though it was slightly over my budget (CAN $ 338).
    It have a super macro function for closeups and going good.

Any comments

Jaswant Kamboj

Re: Camera for watch photography

I've recently picked up a Panasonic FZ28, but have yet to try any watch photography with it, oddly enough. Normally I use my 20D with Tamron 17-50 f/2.8, which has a very short minimum focus distnance, and I'm contemplating picking up a dedicated macro lens. I got the Panasonic so I can have something a little less bulky and intrusive for taking pictures at parties etc but still has enough manual functions to satisfy my inner photo geek. It also saves my 20D some shutter wear for eBay pics and stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by jkamboj View Post
    Hi all

I have asked a question about suggestion on which camera to buy for professional watch photography. I bought Fuji Finepix S2000HD and I am very happy with that though it was slightly over my budget (CAN $ 338).
    It have a super macro function for closeups and going good.

Any comments

Jaswant Kamboj
    I love Fuji cameras. I've had 3 of them in recent years. My most recent is an S1500 which is similar to yours I believe minus the HD mode. I also have a smaller F50se 12mp point and shoot that's a nice grab and go camera. IMO they're great cameras for a great price though I'm no expert.

Here are a couple watch pics I took with my S1500

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I am delighted that I bought the right camera (do not have much knowledge of cameras).
    I usually use it for watch photography. Some of the before and after photographs of watch polishing came out to be amazing using super macro mode. I have not used it for something other than this. And I have not explored much of it (for other photography) yet.
    I would post some pictures taken by this camera in couple of days.

Jaswant Kamboj

Thread Information