Camera world is getting exciting. Canon & Nikon full-frame mirrorless, Sony pushing cool products..
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By canonken

Thread: Camera world is getting exciting. Canon & Nikon full-frame mirrorless, Sony pushing cool products..

Camera world is getting exciting. Canon & Nikon full-frame mirrorless, Sony pushing cool products..

...strong rumors of a full-frame Panasonic mirrorless (wow), a potential 'budget' medium-format mirrorless body from Fujifilm. Despite the death of the 'consumer' camera industry, the mid and high-end are flourishing. There are so many good cameras, so many good lenses, and endless excellent accessories. On top of this, lots of editing software, the ability to print 20x30" prints on $250,000 machines for $10, and having them delivered to your house in a few days. Oh, and storage is cheap, so you can have 100,000 large RAW files and store/back them up for what you used to pay to develop film after a long weekend of shooting.

Any of you who frequent photo forums or read comments on photo websites know how nasty, bitter, and vile the tone is (it is religious, and people are willing to fight to the death over their camera brand preference). However, if you are an adult, take a step back, and look at the current state compared to one decade ago (the start of mainstream digital), let alone two decades ago (peak of film), you have to be thrilled of what we have available to us.

I am talking about this purely from the equipment/process point of view, not the issues working pros have (summary - very hard to make money now).
    McCarthy and scooby like this.
    Rolex Explorer I :: Dornblueth & Sohn Calibre 99.1 :: Grand Seiko SBGA211 'Snowflake' :: Omega Speedmaster Professional :: Seiko SPB077 :: Archimede Pilot

Re: Camera world is getting exciting. Canon & Nikon full-frame mirrorless, Sony pushing cool produc

canonken, if I understand what you are saying correctly, you are right..... it is a great time to be a photographer as the gear just keeps getting better and better!

Re: Camera world is getting exciting. Canon & Nikon full-frame mirrorless, Sony pushing cool produc

I’ve always enjoyed photography, but I’ve always been an amateur, as I’ve never learned the nuances until recently. I have a Nikon D7000 which takes great photos, but I don’t care to lug it around everywhere. Sooooo huge. The smaller APSC mirrorless options are really appealing as a smaller option. Ive been doing a ton of research as of late and I’m leaning towards a new Fuji camera. The X100F or new XT3. I love the retro designs and I think the manual knobs on top for the settings will help me(force me) to learn how to shoot in manual vs auto.
    C

"Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate, so we can buy [email protected]# we don't need" - Tyler Durden

"I have beaters for my beaters" -Me

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

XT3 would be my choice.

Still usind my D300s Nikon for pleasure photography such as watch shootings...

DSLR... not sure but maybe the thing of the past?

Thoughts?

Thread Information