Canon 7D

Thread: Canon 7D

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Gift Canon 7D

I've ordered a canon 7D, should arrive in a week. I picked up a Sigma 10-20mm lens and the camera comes with a 28-135mm lens. I also have a non IS 17-55 from my Rebel and I have a prime 50mm 1.8.

Also bought a speedlite 430ex as it can be controlled remotely by the 7D.

Can't wait for it to be here!

Re: Canon 7D

congrats... im jealous

im still rockin my 30D and one of these days, i will upgrade to a 7D or something :D
    -incognito-
    Sinn U1 Black Phantom LE
    Muhle Glashutte Terrasport II
    Ball Engineer Master II Aviator
    Maurice Lacroix Les Classique
    Limes ​Principio Titanium 37/42 LE
    Fortis Flieger B Dial Cockpit Date
    Oris Williams F1 Day Date
    Steinhart Nav B Uhr 44mm
    Limes Titanium

My Watch Collection
    My Pinterest Watch Page

My current camera is a Rebel, from 2004 I've not used it for a while it lacks so many features compared to the current ones. I really look forward to the new one. I've ordered all the stuff from a ton of shops.

* Camera from Ebay - Authorized Dealer though (you get a nice receipt for service though) [Canon 7D]
    * New tripod from Adorama, $150 one, should have probably bought a carbon fiber one, but I guess I can see this if I find it too heavy. [Vanguard Alta 265AB]
    * Camera Flash from Amazon Fresh (came this morning with my shopping ) [Speedlite 430ex]
    * Nice new wide angle lens from B & H [Sigma 10-20mm]
    * A 16gb fast compact flash card from New Egg [Transcend TS16GCF400]

Phew... a lot of stuff and I have no idea how long it will take to arrive, lol. Well I have the flash. got to learn how to use it though, never used a separate flash before.

Super excited!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Lucky b******

I want a 7D too....still working with a 40D

You will enjoy the Sigma 10-20 - I have the same lens and it opens up a whole range of possibilities such as these.....

Last edited by coaspak; March 15th, 2010 at 08:14.
    IK

Baume Mercier Classima Executives 8591 | Hublot MDM Depose | Rolex OysterDate Preicision | Omega Constellation | Steinhart Nav BUhr II Automatik | Steinhard Marine Chronometer | Tissot Le Locle Automatic | Tissot PRS516 | Casio G-Shock | Casio Protrek | Seiko 5 Sports Automatic | Seiko Titanium Chronograph | Akribos XXIV DaVinci | Stuhrling Symphony Maestro II | Ardath (model unknown)

Awesome pictures. I can't wait for it all. I live up in the Pacific Northwest and there are some amazing locations, lots of mountains here. I moved here just over a year ago and not gone out anywhere around as I didn't want to do it without a camera. So looking forward to the great.

Did you go up that building in Dubai?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage View Post
    Did you go up that building in Dubai?
    Tks....no, haven't been to the top of Burj Khalifa yet.....it opened briefly to the public and then closed down indefinitely after there was a problem with the elevators to the observatory. Not sure when it will open next but will be waiting to get in line when it does open.

IK

Baume Mercier Classima Executives 8591 | Hublot MDM Depose | Rolex OysterDate Preicision | Omega Constellation | Steinhart Nav BUhr II Automatik | Steinhard Marine Chronometer | Tissot Le Locle Automatic | Tissot PRS516 | Casio G-Shock | Casio Protrek | Seiko 5 Sports Automatic | Seiko Titanium Chronograph | Akribos XXIV DaVinci | Stuhrling Symphony Maestro II | Ardath (model unknown)

I've shot film and digital EOS series cameras for quite a while. The 7D is a huge step up from my 30D. Here's what I like after a long weekend:

The 100% 1x viewfinder is a nice change, once I stopped compensating as I did with my 30D. Also, the overlay screens, like the grid, is helpful in keeping the horizons and verticals aligned without being obtrusive.

Although there's been a few rumbles about the on/off switch being moved to the top left, once you get used to it, it is easier to use - I like it. The lock for the quick control wheel is in approximately the same place.

The 3" LCD screen is big, bright and beautiful. There's a big difference, even in brightness. Less glare, too - noticeably less. The 7D has a level function which lets you judge if your camera is leaning to one side or tilting forward or back. Anyone who's peered over a bubble mounted on a hot shoe will appreciate this luxury. And the LCD is bright enough to make this feature useful in daylight.

Another nice feature is that the menu structure is changed. There are more tabs, but all the menu items available on that tab are visible at once. No more scrolling off the screen to get to "format" or other functions.

The 7D lets you shoot 3 different sized RAWs in addition to the usual slew of JPEG sizes. I like shooting the highest quality RAW + highest quality JPEG (so you get two files for each picture). These files sizes are HUGE! I found JPEGs to range from 4.73M to 11.1M and CR2 files range from 20.7M to 30.4M. My 8G Sandisk Extreme IV held 237 shots (474 files).

Rather than give you my subjective opinion on picture quality (I am totally satisfied with the quality of the photos), I point you to the best technical reviews of cameras that I know of - dpreview. (Google it and you'll easily find it, I can't post the entire URL). As of now they just have a preview of the 7D. I'll post a few shots from Vermont w/ exposure info.

That's awesome. I heard a few people had problems with focus, but from what I understand it is because the focus system has changed so much it is difficult to learn. Either way I'm full amateur, so if I mess up at the beginning then I can always go back out and try again

I look forward to it. I was hoping it would arrive on friday, but it turns out it's Monday, this is going to be a long weekend. Not to mention I have a new Tag Heuer watch arriving next week also (I hope)!

I have almost exactly the same set up!

Quote Originally Posted by coaspak View Post
    Lucky b******

I want a 7D too....still working with a 40D

You will enjoy the Sigma 10-20 - I have the same lens and it opens up a whole range of possibilities such as these.....

Breathtaking shots.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information