D3 + 14-24mm f2.8 = WOW! You have to see this...

Thread: D3 + 14-24mm f2.8 = WOW! You have to see this...

D3 + 14-24mm f2.8 = WOW! You have to see this...

I never saw one of my pictures blown up so big before... Those huge background pictures are some of the pictures I took in Paris for this client... The picture on the left was photoshoped to have the client's name on it, where they will be performing this summer...

This was captured with a D3 and 14-24/2.8 at iso ... Get this 5600 at f2.8 1/250 of a sec ... The picture on the left was captured in Paris with the D300 and the one on the right was captured with the D2Hs, a 4.2 megapixel camera, both of these images are blown up to about... 14 feet high by 30 feet wide and the smallest on the right (of the two large showing...) is 14 feet high by about 20 feet wide... Who ever has doubts about how big you can print a small image ... Should not worry specially that it was a cropped picture...

Wow is all I can say when you get to see your work displayed like this for a gala event... Okay it was part of the decor not in my honor.

Re: D3 + 14-24mm f2.8 = WOW! You have to see this...

holy smokes ,, you shot RAW I assume ..enhanced with CS2 or what ?

I recently went from a D70 to a D200 and worry about blowing up pics big like that . One day I would love to get a picture blown up on stretched canvas ..
    Last edited by PolishX; March 13th, 2008 at 10:31.

Quote Originally Posted by PolishX View Post
    holy smokes ,, you shot RAW I assume ..enhanced with CS2 or what ?

I recently went from a D70 to a D200 and worry about blowing up pics big like that . One day I would love to get a picture blown up on stretched canvas ..
    Those pictures are projected on a canvas, the one with the charriot on the right was captured with a D2Hs, a 4.2 megapixel, that's not 42 but 4 point 2... yup a 4.2 megapixel camera and that image was cropped just to give you an idea of the size of the pictures on display this one has people in it

And I only use CS3 to convert the RAW files to JPeg... With a little tweaking.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

please tell me the secrets .. I'm only using PS Elements 5.0 . I want to be able to enlarge pics like that

Quote Originally Posted by PolishX View Post
    please tell me the secrets .. I'm only using PS Elements 5.0 . I want to be able to enlarge pics like that
    There is not real secret, they are projections not prints as such they will show fantastic on large canvases.

You need a very high res projectors, I'll talk to the production people and will get back to you in regards to what they use and I am sure prints would be doable this size using this technique but projected images are so much better, have you ever tried lighting a large photo... Though, very though, this way it is bright!

I just captured the images, converted my files and some little magic enchanted "production" crew did the rest

for a few minutes I thought they were the blown up pics , Projections makes more sense .

Thread Information