A few shots from my 2004 trip to Paris

Thread: A few shots from my 2004 trip to Paris

A few shots from my 2004 trip to Paris

Here are a few pics that are as good as Haf's...haha, who am I trying to kid. I'm a long, long way off getting my photo's to Haf's standard. Anyway, these were taken with my old Kodak 3MP which was fully automatic and had no manual settings. White balance was a joke, as it would never work properly. I've adjusted levels and contrast in Photoshop to try and make them a bit more respectable.

As you can see, Haf was right about the hazy conditions when taking photo's around midday. The first 2 were taken from the top of Notre Dame, and the 3rd is....well, Notre Dame itself.

This is the one that made me think Haf took his from the top of Notre Dame.

Cheers,
    Barry

Re: A few shots from my 2004 trip to Paris

Thanks for sharing these shots, Barry. Makes me want to post more in my own "Paris pics" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by BenL View Post
    Thanks for sharing these shots, Barry. Makes me want to post more in my own "Paris pics" thread.
    Go on then Ben. I'm looking forward to seeing them.
    Cheers,
    Barry

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Haf

Quote Originally Posted by bazman View Post
    Here are a few pics that are as good as Haf's...haha, who am I trying to kid. I'm a long, long way off getting my photo's to Haf's standard. Anyway, these were taken with my old Kodak 3MP which was fully automatic and had no manual settings. White balance was a joke, as it would never work properly. I've adjusted levels and contrast in Photoshop to try and make them a bit more respectable.
    No worries, a point&shoot camera can not compete with a pro-grade full frame dSLR by any stretch of imagination Moreover, processing jpeg images isn't very effective mostly because even the most basic exposure adjustments are limited, as opposed to processing a RAW image file.

Quote Originally Posted by Haf View Post
    No worries, a point&shoot camera can not compete with a pro-grade full frame dSLR by any stretch of imagination Moreover, processing jpeg images isn't very effective mostly because even the most basic exposure adjustments are limited, as opposed to processing a RAW image file.
    Yeah, I would love to go back with a full frame DSLR and the little bit of knowledge I have gained over the past couple of years. It is amazing how much more control you have over the image when editing it in RAW compared to JPEG. My point & shoot camera was really quite bad as it was one of the first 3MP cameras. My friends camera was miles better, and it was a P&S as well.
    Cheers,
    Barry

Thread Information