First attempt with a quick light tent/box. My Speedy Pro

Thread: First attempt with a quick light tent/box. My Speedy Pro

First attempt with a quick light tent/box. My Speedy Pro

Here is my first attempt with shooting my Speedy Pro with a quick light tent/box. As you can see this was real quick, as I dont even have a background yet. I just wanted to see where I stood with my tent so far. I think I need more light. These were taken with two 40w bulbs. I just bought my Nikon D60...practice makes perfect...I'll get there. I never noticed how "linty" my watch was. Comments welcome

Russ

Russ

Re: First attempt with a quick light tent/box. My Speedy Pro

Nice looking watch, and good job controlling the highlights. Agreed about needing more light. Did you shoot this with the camera set on AWB or did you try controlling your white point manually either by dialing in the kelvin or setting it from an exposure?

Quote Originally Posted by waruilewi View Post
    Nice looking watch, and good job controlling the highlights. Agreed about needing more light. Did you shoot this with the camera set on AWB or did you try controlling your white point manually either by dialing in the kelvin or setting it from an exposure?
    This was shot with the white balance on auto. I just got my camera and am really just starting out. I can honestly say that I still dont fully understand white balance. For this shot I just set my D60 to aperature priority to get an idea of where it would put the shutter speed to get the correct exposure. I went with a larger aperature to try to get the band a little out of focus. I took about 50 pics last night just trying to see what happened when I canged the settings. Thats the only way I can think of to learn to see how the camera reacts. I have to get more light, but I dont think the light was as soft as I was expecting it to be with the tent. It still seems like there is alot of glare (if thats the right word) on the bracelet. I guess I have alot of experimenting in front of me. Thanks for the comments. Keep them coming.

Russ

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Not bad mate! And can't too much better either me thinks...

Looks good.

You need to set your White Balance to the type of light you're using (incandescent, flourescent, flash, etc.). I made a quick adjustment (see below).

Also, if you're not doing so, try a tripod as it was either out-of-focus or you moved the camera.

- Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images

My little friends:

Casio G-Shock GW-5000
    Casio G-Shock GD-350
    Casio G-Shock Rangeman GW-9400
    Kienzle Chronograph
    Omega Speedmaster PRO
    Orient Star Classic
    Rolex Submariner
    Seiko 007 Diver
    Seiko Turtle Diver