FujiFilm FinePix S1000fd Digital Camera Anyone?

Thread: FujiFilm FinePix S1000fd Digital Camera Anyone?

FujiFilm FinePix S1000fd Digital Camera Anyone?

Anyone use a:

FujiFilm FinePix S1000fd Digital Camera?

I am thinking about one of these, and wonder if anyone might have one and say a few words about it.

Thanks

My sig is no sig.

Re: FujiFilm FinePix S1000fd Digital Camera Anyone?

I recommend it! Fuji makes good products and I think they have some of the best lenses and sensors. I have a S7000 I bought 5 yrs ago and it has performed flawlessly. I think the S1000 is an upgraded version of it.

Quote Originally Posted by nimbushopper View Post
    I recommend it! Fuji makes good products and I think they have some of the best lenses and sensors. I have a S7000 I bought 5 yrs ago and it has performed flawlessly. I think the S1000 is an upgraded version of it.
    Thanks for the reply.

Now the issue is getting one from the local retailer, they don't have one in stock, and I had been told they would have one coming in yesterday but it did not. They don't seem to be too interested in making a sale despite the economy.

There is always online ordering, but then there is the wait, which we all know is a bummer.
    My sig is no sig.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I think there is a couple of big photo retailers in your state, like Abe's and Beach photo. If they don't have it check with BHphotovideo.com in NYC. If they can't get it then the model is probably discontinued already.

I think there is a couple of big photo retailers in your state, like Abe's and Beach photo. If they don't have it check with BHphotovideo.com in NYC. If they can't get it then the model is probably discontinued already.
    Abe's & Beach Camera used to be in Old Orchard Beach Maine years ago, (I did use Beach Camera quite a bit for 35mm) they both had a good rep for low prices, but they have been gone from there for many many years. And still use that rep they built there as a sales pitch.

After I pestered Ritz Camera at a local mall for three days, they got two in and saved one for me until I got there. They said they are selling 4 a week on average. I have not had much of a chance yet to use it though, and want to try to build a lightbox for macro shots.

Thanks for the suggestions.
    My sig is no sig.

Ha, I'm giving my age away as I didn't realize those vendors left the state. The macro function on my S7000 is very effective and so it should be even better on the 1000.

Ha, I'm giving my age away as I didn't realize those vendors left the state. The macro function on my S7000 is very effective and so it should be even better on the 1000.
    I am old enough to remember them as well.

The s1000fd will supposedly go even closer on a macro shot, half the distance of the s5700. I still haven't had time to fool around with it much, just a couple quick pics here and there. I like the macro shots of lume that look like fungus, almost as if taken with an electron microscope.
    My sig is no sig.

Thread Information